Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Are ceremony programs necessary?

I am thinking this will be extra effort to put together. Do people even care about them? Are they necessary? I've been to a lot of weddings where I just throw it away afterwards. Doesn't seem like it's something that a lot of people keep anyway.

Re: Are ceremony programs necessary?

• My DDs MIL spent hours making beautiful programs for DD and SILs wedding.  They were lovely and had both ceremony order, readers, and WP details.

I probably have about 90 left over.  I think I kept one and her MIL kept one.  I'm not sure anyone else did.

They're nice, but I wouldn't spend a lot of $$ or expend a lot of time/effort on them.  Lesson learned for when our next DD gets married.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Programs definitely aren't necessary. They were last on my to-do list. I wound up putting something together in Word and having them printed at staples. It was pretty quick and simple to do. I wouldn't have done anything more elaborate though. And I wouldn't have missed them if I didn't have the time to do it. 
  • Like others said you dont have to do them, but i think they are a nice touch. I am doing them as a DIY project. I am doing them in the colors of my wedding and hanging them on each of the ceremony chairs. Only the outside chairs will have flowers on them to outline the aisle so, I am hoping my programs will also serve as a source of color.

I also think its nice to know the names of your bridal party and any readings. It shows what/who you picked for your special day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We skipped them ... we didn't have money to get professional ones, and we were too lazy to DIY them.

But our ceremony was very short (15-20 minutes long). Nobody did readings, we didn't have any singers, there were no little ceremonies (Like a hand-fasting or a tea ceremony or anything) in the middle. It was very no-frills. So I think programs would have been a little silly in our case.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • We didn't have to make ours, the church made them just like they make their weekly service bulletins.  All we had to provide was the covers.

I think they're nice because people can follow along.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I like having a program - I keep them in my scrapbook. 
  • I had done diy programs that turned out really cute.  The day after the wedding my mom said she never saw the programs, but then we saw her on our wedding video looking at it- guess she was a bit nervous :b

www.SweetMemoriesBoutique.com
    Ringbearer Pillows, Flower Girl Pillows, Bridal Jewelry & More!

Save 15% with the code: Knotties
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards