South Asian Weddings

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on the knot forums for a while now and finally decided to create an account. I'm at the point in my wedding planning where I've taken care of the major details (venue, catering, wedding date, etc.) and am starting to think about and finalize the finer aspects of the wedding (color palette, stage decor, invitations, etc.).

I'm feeling quite overwhelmed and am seriously thinking about going to an event planning company. I'm getting married in Philadelphia, but while doing some research online, came across this amazing NY event planning company called ShadiParadise. Have any of you used them? If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you in total? What did you get done from them? Thanks for any help you can give!

Re: Newbie

• MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sugarsoul

Congrats and Welcome!

Unfortunately I haven't heard about this company.  What you've done in terms of booking the big vendor sounds about par with what I did.

When is your wedding?  If you have 5-8 months left I'm sure you can get it done!!

I only hired a Day of Coordinator and worked on all the details with my husband and vendors seperately.  The DOC really helped in making sure the vendors held their committment. 

Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011

YES! another new person... I'm new too!

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sugar!,

Welcome to the board!!  Congrats and its great that you have taken care of majority of the stuff. 

Sorry no clue about the event company and I think one of the knotties (Nicky) who got married recently might have some familiarity with NY vendors, but I don't see her on the boards that often now. 

Call the company for cost and I would just post it on the local NY board to see if any one used them before that can give you feedback. But I am thinking travel cost from NY to philly is going to be  a goodly amount. 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Board! No I haven't heard of them sorry..I live in Texas!!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!

I don't have any feedback on the company, but I did check out their website and it looks incredible! I agree with Hina that your best bet is to probably call them and a few other companies to see what their travel costs are on top of the costs of just the decor, etc.

ExerciseMilestone
  • sugarsoulsugarsoul member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'm going to skip ShadiParadise. I just got caught up in the beauty of their work and momentarily forgot my budget lol. I'll just come and harass everyone on the knot for their opinions instead :D
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sugar and Leila! Congratulations on your engagement!!  Welcome to the boards :)

Planning is essential, having a schedule of events, and an itemized budget, with certain funds allocated to the different aspects of a wedding :)

Feel free to ask us any questions, or if you are looking for inspiration, we can help you!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011

I've heard good things about Rose Events (www.roseevents.com - they're based in NJ but they do weddings everywhere) - I'm personally thinking about using them as day of coordinators because i'm in the same boat as you where I have most of my major details done, but need help with little things and day-of details since my FI and I won't be available to take care of that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards