Second Weddings

My 2nd, his 1st wording of invitations (sorry so long!)

Hi!  I recently got divorced but then got in touch with an old friend from jr high/high school.  We got serious really quick.  Well in my divorce decree i added that me and my ex could not have overnight guests of the opposite sex when we had the kids(that was my choice bec i was mad that he left me after 7 years for another woman right after we had our 3rd child).  My FI was working out of town and decided to move home to be with me and my children.  Well if he would have got a place of his own, he couldnt help out financially, but he couldnt move in to my house until we were married.  We knew that we were going to get married so we ran by the courthouse and got married on October 8th.  We didnt tell alot of people and we did it by ourselves.  we didnt want anyone else to be there because we want everyone to celebrate on our actual wedding on june 18th.  He moved in, but since this is his 1st wedding, he is wanting a big wedding.  plus with my 1st, i just went to the courthouse and had a cheap get together afterwards.  I am really having problems trying to figure out how to word the invitations bec we are technically already married even though alot of ppl do not know.  I need some suggestions please!!!  We want everyone including ourselves to treat this just like our 1st marriage!!! Thanks! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My 2nd, his 1st wording of invitations (sorry so long!)

• edited December 2011
    Your "real wedding" was October 8th - in that you are expecting the legal privilege of living together now.  Any other event you choose to have is a vow renewal or party. 

Please don't lie to your guests and fail to disclose that you are already married. ~Donna
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just word it something along the lines of " Mr. XYZ and Mrs. XYZ were married in a private ceremony on October 8, 2010. You are invited to celebrate with us at the reception on June XX, 2011"

At least that would work if you are just inviting to a reception. If you are wanting to do a ceremony, then I'd word it as a vow renewal, you could probably Google vow renewal invitation wording.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What you are having is a vow renewal should you have a ceremony, and a delayed reception of your actual marriage on October 8.  Most everyone will understand that you had legal reasons for getting married, and will want to celebrate your happy occasion with you on a date of your choosing.   Please let people in on your happy news otherwise they will feel like you're being sneaky and will wonder what else you have to hide.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Repost:

What you are having is a vow renewal should you have a ceremony, and a delayed reception of your actual marriage on October 8.  Most everyone will understand that you had legal reasons for getting married, and will want to celebrate your happy occasion with you on a date of your choosing.   Please let people in on your happy news otherwise they will feel like you're being sneaky and will wonder what else you have to hide.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  I really appreciate your input! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards