August 2012 Weddings

AGGG not enough invitations

I am doing a diy invitation kit, and even though i did several practice sheets, my printer messed up on a few of the invitations, and now I am short.  One gust doesn't even have an inviation, and two need to be reprinted because the ink smudged.  I live in a small town and the store i bught the invitations is hours away, and they don't have the exact style on line.  I am heart broken that now a few of my guests will be getting different invitations from walgreens =(  On a positive note though, my FI has the day off so we're going to walk to the post office and mail the ones that are correct, then celebrate by goin to lunch

Re: AGGG not enough invitations

• If you don't tell them they will never know... Don't worry, small things always will happen, but it doesn't change the fact that you are marrying the love of your life in August... So try not to let the little things get to you we ran out also, so my FI invited 2 friends via text message... Ugh I was not pleased with that!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This happened to me as well, so I feel your pain....like PP this to shall pass, and only you will know they are different. Congrats on the completed ones though! That is my goal this weekend :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • This happened to me also. Seems to be a common theme here.

The place we bought them was over an hour away too (small town here also). So we went to Walmart and found an invite kit that is similar in style, but isn't the same. Just changed the formatting a little on the templates, and clicked print.  Unfortunately, we have 75 invites going out with the "incorrect" ones. But whose going to know?

Just look at it this way. In the end, they will get the information about your wedding, and know what time and where. It isn't going to matter that their invite on the fridge doesn't match the same color and style as the one on Bobs' fridge. 
  • I got them at Hobby Lobby
  • edited May 2012
    I had the same problem, not enough invitations. I was a little worried about it until a good friend calmed me down. She told me no one will know the difference. Send the "real" invitations to your close family and friends (Those's who might save them) and the other ones to your good friends that won't "care" or notice the difference in the invitaitons.
    Hope that helps you a little to take a breather! It is heartbreaking I know.
  • So sorry this happened to you, I agree with PPs that noone should know if they got a different invite (unless they are super close).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards