Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Help with Make Up Suggestions!!

Hi ladies,
I apologize for not posting too much, but things have been hectic with teaching, grad school and wedding plans- you all know how that is!
The wedding is 28 days away and I still have no clue what to do about my makeup.  Are there any good make up artists in PA that would come to me?  I am willing to spend 150.00 but not much more.  I think I would be the only one getting it done.
Or, should I just venture to the mall in the morning and get my make up done at MAC or Clinique?
Help! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help with Make Up Suggestions!!

• amianne420amianne420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Alisha Nichole.  She is reasonably priced and may be available.  Check her out on her website.  Just google Alisha Nichole Studio.
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine done at the salon that did our hair-- it was much less expensive than having someone come to us.  Of course, I also didn't do the airbrush thing.  

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_up-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:47af4ca6-41a1-4f16-93ad-1740c6e55285Post:8aabcc23-6fa7-4847-828c-06be255682b9">Re: Help with Make Up Suggestions!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Alisha Nichole.  She is reasonably priced and may be available.  Check her out on her website.  Just google Alisha Nichole Studio.
    Posted by amianne420[/QUOTE]

I'm using her too!  Well, for my hair, but I love that she didn't have a minimum # of people to travel to me.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • edited December 2011

Thanks! I emailed her website.  How much are her services?

• phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used BEK Cosmetics and absolutely loved the job Katie did. 

Good luck!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully you've found someone by now, but I'd still like to recommend my makeup artist, Melissa Layman-Stephan. (Website comes up on Google) She was so sweet, and that is really why I booked her. My only suggestion would be to just buy a lipstick from her rather than to use her free sample. I found that we were too rushed for my girls to help me reapply it perfectly with the little brush. It would have been much nicer to just have the whole tube :) GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I still am looking! Alishia is booked for my date- I will look at the others! thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    How much are the services? I see 300.00 for BEK,  and then Melissa Layman-Stephan does not list prices? :)
  • edited December 2011
    I might go to MAC at the mall (I love their makeup!!).. but I would recommend getting a trial done first, though, just so nothing comes as a surprise on your wedding day!  I think the whole thing is much less expensive than booking someone.. all you have to do is buy at least one of their products!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I just need to figure out times and such for that.  I am getting married on a Sunday, so they probably don't open until 10? 11? I would love to do that... anyone have an idea for scheduling everything?  I have 4 BM getting updos and the ceremony starts at 4:30.  We will do pictures at 2ish with just the girls I think.   25 days! ahhhhh
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melissa was $150 for bridal makeup, including the touch-up kit, one meeting, and one trial. I cant remember how much my BM paid (her choice!) but without a trial, she ended up not really liking it and changing some of her colors afterward. I got to work out the kinks in my trial and was pretty happy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards