Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Catering prices

Hi,
I'm really happy I found this local board, it has already helped me a lot with
planning my wedding. I have already found a photographer thanks to you.
I'm from Switzerland but my fiancé grew up in the area, that's why we are having the wedding in PA. 
We are having an outdoor wedding at a family friend's place and now I'm looking for a caterer. But I can't judge the prices since I don't know what you usually pay in the area. 
So is 50 $ (includes tax and 20% service charge, without it's 40$/person) a lot for a package that includes Hors d'oeuvre for the cocktail hour, dinner, cake, coffee, bartender and staff. They also provide china and linens.
What's not includes is the alcohol since they don't have a license.
I would be very glad if you could give me some advice.

Re: Catering prices

• Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think is sounds too bad for all of that, but that's my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've been getting proposals from caterers for an outdoor wedding for about 100. I'm in the Harrisburg area and have been getting proposals from caterers in Harriburg, York and Lancaster areas. So far $50/person seems to get you the bare minimum even including the plastic type plates, no cake, and I let them tell me whichever type of service they think is cheaper (buffet vs. served, bc different caterers think differently about this). I tell them I'm looking for everything you just mentioned without the cake and and they're going, "ooh, you're shooting kinda low..." It's crazy. And an additional $900 in your budget doesn't get you a tent either.

• Options
    dnichol3dnichol3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds really reasonable!  My package includes all of the same stuff, plus a 4 hour full bar, and it's $70/per person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That definitely sounds good!
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely a good price!  I am having my reception at a venue and it is costing about 80 pp not including the cake
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for you're advice:) I hope to hear back from them soon now.
    I very much like the offer and the food (and I'm unfortunately really picky with food)
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would say it's about $60-$70/person is the average in this area so you are on the lower scale of average.
    Sounds like a good deal!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards