Washington
Options

La Conner Recommendations

Hi all!

I'm getting married in La Conner next April and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for caterers, bakers, florists, etc. in and around La Conner. I need any and all suggestions for any topics, as it is a small town and I am having trouble finding things on my own.

Thanks!

Re: La Conner Recommendations

• Options
    weeonekaseyweeonekasey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am living in Mt Vernon, and what kind of flowers are you looking for? My FILs are VERY into flowers, and I might be able to tell you where to get them cheap.
    Most ppl I know around here get catered from a few different places. Nice steak or chicken/fish, usually Max Dales, bbq there is a Double Barrel BBQ or Kellys BBQ is awesome.
    In Mt Vernon there is a REALLY fantastic looking baker xspecial cakes.
    Where are you from now?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently in Bellingham. I'm pretty sure I'm set on flowers as my sister will be taking care of those. We're doing tulips and gerbera daisies.

I don't think I've heard of Max Dales. I'll have to look into it. I had thought about bbq, but I'm not sure since it's in April.

Have you gotten stuff from the baker? I'm having the most difficulty with that. Thanks for all your input!
  • Options
    ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'm in the Seattle area but my wedding will be Aug '11 in Mt Vernon and I'm running into the same issues. No one this far south wants to deliver that far north. I would strongly recommend checking local wedding planning websites, and go off their vendor lists, that way you can be certain the vendors are reputable and in your area.  Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions I might be able to assist with.  (As for my baker, I'm still working on that as well, GOOD LUCK!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vickiandbrettvickiandbrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had several friends recommend xtra special cakes in Mount Vernon. I'm getting married in Mount Vernon next July and will be doing a tasting with them in Nov. I would also look at Skagit River Brewery for caterers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards