Texas-San Antonio
Options

Bride gown

Do anyone knows about a good bride store?. I need a list of good brides gowns stores with good prices, beatiful dresses and good quality in San Antonio

Re: Bride gown

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mayfair Bridal...the best and only place to go in my opinion!! The rest were all a waste of time for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Debi's Bridals and they were great.
    Married June 4, 2010 to the love of my life :)
  • Options
    jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to debi's on san pedro and LOVED them!!! the first time i think i worked with Debi and the 2nd time her name was Marie and both were amazing!!! i love them and can't wait for my dress to come in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I liked Bridal Connection at Rolling Oaks Mall.  I also really liked Julian Gold, dresses are really expensive though.

I didn't personally have a good experience at Mayfair, but I do know a lot of people that like them. 
  • Options
    rumbler92rumbler92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to Mayfair Bridal after a HORRIBLE experience at David's Bridal (by Ingram Mall), and LOVED it!  They were very very nice and had a beautiful selection.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal (by North Star Mall) and loved my experience. All of the consultants there were great and super helpful. Ask for Diane, she was AWESOME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mayfair was my third stop and I think it will be my last stop.  I found two there that I really like so now I just need to go back with a couple more friends for the final decision.  They were really nice and helpful there and they had a lot of choices.  Good luck!

Beth

• Options
    snowflake909snowflake909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I purchased my dress in Austin, I have been to most places in San Antonio for my best friend's wedding dress.  She also found her dress at Debi's Bridal and it was exactly what she was looking for.  We also found one that we really liked a lot at David's Bridal, just check the website to see if you like their styles.
     The one place I would without question say stay away from is Alfred Angelo's.  My best friend didn't want to try on all of the dresses because they were not what she was looking for (she said no beading, she was given lots of beading). She was in no way rude but got the response from the sales associate "You have an idea of what you want so you will never find it." I found that very strange and with the sassy attitude that we were given as well, we decided to leave.
     I was pretty picky about my flower girls dresses and finally found one I really liked online and found out it was Alfred Angelos. Hoping that we just had a bad experience I went back to find out info about the dress.  My now husband is in the military and he was getting a new duty station so we had a pretty short engagement.  I knew that it often takes a bit of time to order dresses, and asked about that.  My wedding was 2-3 months away at this time. They acted like I was crazy for asking and informed me that they have no communication with their warehouses so have no clue of when the dresses would arrive, as in they could get here within weeks or 5 months.  That was also if I payed a few hundred extra.  Once again I knew that it may not have been possible going in to get the dresses in time, but I don't understand why they insist on being rude to customers.
    A little side note, don't be afraid to take your time when picking out your dress. Go to as many places as you like. I didn't and I regretted it.  My best friend did, and got exactly what she wanted. Either way, I hope you have a blast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do my dress shopping in San Antonio, so I don't have the same advice, but just going from different stores (same company) you'll find the service so different.

I had an awful experience with David's Bridal--she was very disinterested and just was not helping at all. I showed her the dresses I wanted to try on, she brought me different ones. (I printed out the picture and product number from the website). Apparently that didn't mean I wanted to try those on, I just wanted the picture in my hand or something.

I had a fantastic experience with Alfred Angelo. Again, I did not go dress shopping in San Antonio, so if you want to go to the store I went to, it'll be almost a full day of driving (I'm in San Diego). Seriously though, if you had a bad experience, but really liked the dresses, I'd say go to a different location of the store if possible.. different people can make the same information sound a lot better (or a lot worse as I see some of you have found out!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards