North Carolina

Good morning

How was everyone's weekend? Boo for Monday coming back around!

Re: Good morning

• krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  My weekend was fun - some friends had a fondue party on Saturday night - it was just as good as the melting pot for a quarter the price (we all brought things to share for dipping)!

the storms last night kept me up though - I got maybe 3 hours of sleep!  I look like death today.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    We had a good and busy weekend.
    I had my first fitting with Olga and learned that apparently my dress is a little more complex than I thought (I'm going to need 15 points for a bustle. . sigh) but I feel good that she's doing them and have confidence.  My hair trail when great and Im excited about that too, I'll probably post pictures today to get peoples opinions and thoughts.

FI helped a friend run a Laser Skirmish game so he had a great weekend and we went to dinner with the neighbors Saturday night to a local place. It was yummy and I get to have steak for lunch! (Leftovers)

Also started the 30day Shred. . hopefully I can be consistant with it! :)

P.s. I LOVEEDD the storm! I always sleep better when it storms
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning!  DH and I cleaned the apartment this weekend.  I no longer looks like a disaster zone.  That was pretty much all we did though.
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I cleaned our house too yesterday, it's never any fun while you're actually cleaning, but afterwards you feel so good and accomplished Smile 

Psych, i cant believe your dress needs that many bustle points, wow!!!! Is the train complex? Is there a lot of fabric?

MmMmmmm, fondue... I gotta find me a good fondue recipe!! Actually maybe not, I gotta lose the 7 lbs of holiday weight I gained Undecided
    edited December 2011
    Nope. . is and Impression Bridal dress style # 3011
    http://www.onlineweddingdeals.com/prod_images_small/0-0-3011_A_ooll1.jpg

But Olga was saying it'll need that many due to the weight?? (Its Tafta & Saten) Plus, I think she may have up'ed the price of points, so the bustle is where Im going to get killed, but oh well lol It'll look pretty :)

How many points did your dress have (which if I may say is GORGEOUS!)
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My weekend wasn't as productive as I hoped...but they never are. It was still great, I just wish it could have been longer! Psych...I love eating at local places!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Smile I had 19 points!!! 16 points that you had to tie underneath the dress (and they were $8 each, she usually charges $5, but because my dress had so many layers, she charged me extra), and then 3 outside the dress, they were more like buttons and one hook.
  • edited December 2011
    Good afternoon!  My weekend was fairly boring, but relaxing and I hung out with some of my close friends Saturday night.  I didn't do anything as far as cleaning my house and laundry, and now I'm going to have to get stuff done this week after work to make up for it.  Frown

Next weekend, we will be touring venues for the reception!  Exciting! Smile
    edited December 2011
    If you had 19. . theres NO way mine could need 15. . I swear, its simple lol. . Im hopping it was an 'overestimation'. There are only two layers for my dress. She's making them all tie I believe. Im going to have to see if she'll take pictures of how to tie and where since I'll be going alone for my final fitting + pick up.

Local places are awesome! We went to Cooleys in Fuquay. Super delicious! Plus it wasnt too unreasonably priced
  • edited December 2011

afternoon everyone....i stayed home today, needed a day to myself.

we did some wedding stuff this weekend, had my dad over for lunch yesterday and the puppies played all afternoon, then we had dinner with some friends last night we hadn't seen in a while....

• edited December 2011
    Good afternoon!! Glad everyone had a good weekend and nothing too crazy.

I came to Charlotte to house and barn sitt for my sister, ending up doing a lot of the wedding. Registering at Belk's and BB&B... picked out tuxes for the guys (FI picked it out online, but I went ahead and confirmed the order, etc.).  There the gray tuxes from Men's Wearhouse, they look pretty slick in person. 

It was a little wedding OVERKILL.  I'm ready to take a break, lol. 
  • edited December 2011

Yeah it seems very strange, I figured yours would only need a few bustle points at the most. And check out my train!!! Way more complex than yours.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3225

edited December 2011
    And now I love your dress even more. I wish I could have pulled something like that off! lol :)
  • edited December 2011
    I really liked it but you know what, it was seriously like dragging a comforter around all day long. Thinking back, I kinda wish I had gone with another dress, it was just so cumbersome. But, it looked so pretty in the pics, makes me forget how annoying the heaviness was. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards