Florida-Central Florida
Options

Small live band at Winter Park Farmers Market - doable or crazy?

Hi,

Originally my fiance and I thought we'd have live music for the ceremony (either harp or violin/fiddle) and then hire a DJ for the cocktail hour/reception.

However, in my research I've found a lot of cool folk-y/bluegrass duos and trios that would fit in so well with the venue. My question - for those of you familiar with Winter Park Farmers Market, does hiring a small, live band for the reception seem crazy? We anticipate about 110 guests - likely a buffet dinner, bar on the covered porch outside.

Thanks!

Re: Small live band at Winter Park Farmers Market - doable or crazy?

• Options
    How many guests are you having?  
  • Options
    Go for it! I've actually seen several concerts that were smaller bands at the Farmers Markert that were amazing and had nothing to do with weddings. It's a popular spot for performances for indie and blue grass. It would fit perfect and that sounds amazing!
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea! It's nice to go to weddings that are different than every other wedding. 
    i'm a wedding photographer and i've found that at a lot of weddings i've been to people have more fun when the music is live.
    Good Luck!
    Cammy Lewis
    Alex Austin Photography
    alexaustinphotography@gmail.com

P.S. If you're still looking for a wedding photographer let me know! I'll give you a great discount!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards