Alaska
Options

a few more reviews

dco324dco324 member
First Comment
It was a process to find vendors as most places don't have a full listing for Alaska...anyways, I thought I'd share a quick review of our vendors from our wedding on 7-8.

DJ: OnDaGo mobile entertainment
John, the owner and DJ, is amazing!  He gave us so many worksheets and walked us through the entire wedding, not just the music.  He narrowed things down and gave us information that made planning the wedding easy.  He got people dancing, he had fresh ideas that guests loved, he mingled and took requests.  He was easy to work with and knowledgeable. 

Cake: Alaska Cakesations
Everyone said they loved the cake, it was very detailed in the decorations and it tasted amazing.  I think most people had 2 pieces which was great because we ordered a large cake.  The cake arrived exactly at the delivery time which gave everyone a little bit of a headache, delivery time was by 5:30 and the cake arrived at about 5:28.  It tasted great and looked even better so it worked out alright.

Photography: Alaska Design & Photography
We have received nothing but rave reviews from our engagement photos, and our wedding teasers are phenomenal.  She literally took pictures the entire day and I am excited to see how the rest turn out. 

Alterations: Moons Alterations
She knows her stuff, she fitted my dress completely in one fitting.  It looked fantastic, I couldn't tell where it was altered.  It was very inexpensive either for less than $100 she bustled, took it in, shortened my straps and added cups.  I was amazed.  She had quick turn around time too.

Hair: Branden Elde
Branden is amazing-she does things with a flat iron that I didn't know were possible.  She also comes to you wherever you are.  The hair looked exactly how it did in every photo and she was able to be creative with the girls who had no inspiration pictures.

Make-up: COR Cosmetics/Sonja
Sonja took her time to study inspiration, consider clothing and personal preferences.  She knows how to make every woman look and feel beautiful.

Nails: Glaze Nail Bar
They allow you to bring champagne and food into their store for group appointments.  They were professional and thorough.  My nails looked great, however they did not last very long.  3 days after my manicure my nails are starting to chip.  They did look great the day after I had them done for the actual wedding though.
I married my best friend on July 8, 2011

Re: a few more reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards