Pennsylvania-Central

Weather?

My fiance and I have been playing with dates originally going with March and after going through being told by ideal venues that they do not start setting up for outdoor weddings till April we obviously decided on April. With Easter and other holidays in there it is limited to basically the 5th or the 26th (2014) Any idea on what typical weather will be like at the beginning or end of April so we can settle on a date? I honestly can't remember what the weather is like in April!! Anywhere from Lancaster and down to the MD boarder is where we are looking. 

Re: Weather?

• The weather is April is really, really erratic. I can remember several snow storms in early April, as well as it being 75 on some freak days. I would definitely choose later in April, I can't remember snow ever happening past April 10th or so. I think it's usually in the 50s by then, and you might luck out and get a really sunny 65 degree day. 
  • I've been considering central PA as a wedding location since most of my family lives there. The weather scares me a bit, but we'll probably have some tents up so it pays to be prepared.
  • You always need a plan B especially since your thinking of April. Venue's like Riverdale Manor in Lancaster offer a plan B no matter if the weather is rainy and ugly. They have a pavilion that all guests can fit under where clear plastic sides come down if it rains and they have those stand up heaters if it ends up being cold but you still have the illusion of being outside.
    Finding a venue like this will save you the hassle and worry of bad weather. I just had my wedding there in July. It was absolutely amazing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards