Honeymoon Discussions
Options

US Honeymoon

Hi Ladies!! Okay so my FI does not want to leave the United States for our honeymoon ...and we just had a magical week in Vegas for my 25th bday which is where we got engaged. I am from New York and we went to Chicago for his 25th bday. My mom lives in Florida so we are always down there for random getaways. With that said I have no idea where within our great States we can go for our honeymoon. Any suggestions???

Re: US Honeymoon

• Options
    Kind of depends if you are looking for beach, city, or mountain honeymoon.

For beach, I'd recommend Hawaii, Florida Keys perhaps, the Carolinas or southern Cali. If you wanted more of an urban honeymoon, what about Seattle or Boston (different from NY and Chicago like you mentioned).

I also think Colorado would be a gorgeous place to go to get a cute cabin in the mountains and get away from it all. The U.S. does have tons to offer for great honeymoons without the hassle of international travel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    If you are looking for mountains I would second Colorado. And as insane as this sounds to some,the Ozarks in a place like Eureka Springs, AK have lots of pretty scenery, cute B&Bs, restaurants that sort of thing. And cheaper than many tourist traps. That is where I am going for mine! However FI and I both like the outdoors and hiking which is the main attraction here.
    My baby Buster. FI is jealous cause I love him more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic >
  • Options
    My FI would prefer to stay in the U.S. as well, but I love traveling to other countries!  My FI mentioned Niagara Falls, we both have always wanted to go, but I wonder if there is enough to do for a couple of days.  Is your FI against going to Canada?  It is not too far :-)

The two posts above: do you two know of any areas particularly in Colorado to stay in a cabin?  Cabin in the mountains with snow... seems like it would be so romantic! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that all depends on what yuo want-beach, mountains, cold, warm, budget etc..

• Options
    I've gone to Santa Fe a few times and am absolutely, completely, and totally in love with the place. Not inexpensive, but so, so worth it.
  • Options
    Did you just get engaged? Congrats!

+1 for needing more of an idea of what you want...

I love renting a little cabin in the woods or a small town in the Rockies just outside of Denver, near where hot springs are (there's Indian Hot Springs, plus some others like the sulfur ones). Aspen, Vale, and Breck in the off-season can get you some gorgeous chateaus to shack up in and not leave for cheap. Cali's Big Sur is also gorgeous if you're more outdoorsy and like to hike. 

The San Antonio riverwalk is cute, very romantic at night when it's all lit up (at least it was 4 years ago when we went). 
    Have you considered the Keys (FL) or the US Virgin Islands? I assume you've done Miami & Orlando?
  • Options
    We are doing 10 days in San Fransisco, Napa Valley, and Monterey Bay. I am super excited and we have some things planned like hot air ballooning over the Valley and driving down the coastline.
  • Options
    Like pp said, I was going to suggest Napa Valley if you're into wine...that sounds romantic to me!

But the CO cabin sounds amazing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards