California-Orange County

Looking for a great place for an Engagement Shoot!

Hi Ladies!

Where did you take your engagement pictures?! I want an outdoors feel. I love the Mission but you have to pay to take professional pictures. Looked at a couple beach locations too. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Looking for a great place for an Engagement Shoot!

• SMTreadwaySMTreadway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took ours at Lake Oak Meadows in Temecula. The whole place is a giant backdrop for amazing photos. They've got vineyards, grass, a lake and a fountain. They didn't charge to take photos when we went out there, they just asked that you give them a heads up before going out there and limit your time to about an hour. You'll also want to make sure you're not planning on going out there when they have another event going on!
  • SpecialEyesSpecialEyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We just did our engagement shoot...went to Mason Park in Irvine, they have a lake and lots of trees, so it's nice if you want a park background. Then we went to Little Corona (Corona Del Mar / tidepools), the sunset there was spectacular.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bowers Museum in Santa Ana has some beautiful spots for photos.  A very nice garden with spanish style arcades.  They also have a newer section of the museum with modern sculptures and fountains.
  • edited December 2011

We took ours at Laguna beach :)
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I took mine on Victoria Beach in Laguna Beach! It was Awesome!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Is there a park that doesn't require a permit?
  • edited December 2011
    We had some of ours taken on the street in Hollywood.  I love them so much!  A creative photographer can find the most amazing shots in an urban setting.  In my favorites we were literaly standing in the middle of the street holding hands between red lights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards