Destination Weddings Discussions

Hi Girls!!!

I feel like I've been away from TK too long... I've been in and out but haven't had much time to post...  I've been sooo busy!!!

You all would be sooo proud of me...(esp. Kimmy) I finally started to pack!  I can't believe how much stuff we have to take...YIKES...I'm going to have a lot of fun trying to get everything to fit and the luggages to stay under 50lbs.

I'm still finishing up some DIY projects... I'm sooo over them...but I gotta finish.

I was a little bummed this morning because FI and I got into a HUGE fight last night... He went out last night after work because his co-workers (all female) wanted to celebrate with him.  1) I didn't get invited and 2) even if I did I had way too much to do... but I would have like to been invited...  Either  way FI said he was going to be home by 8 because I needed him to help me pack and clean the house since he was going to be gone all day today for his bachelor party and we have our bridal party coming over on Sunday... well he didn't show up till almost 11!  and his excuse "I couldn't help it, the beers kept coming"... I lost my mind.  I was sooo pissed! of course he didn't get it and said that me going to lunch with male co-workers was equal to him going out for beers with his female ones...

Well that wasn't the problem... it was the fact that I've been at home busting my a$$ trying to get things together for this wedding and he's out celebrating his "marriage" alone.  I asked him if he was marrying himself... WHATEVER... I was so pissed...It took him till this morning to apologize and I was 1/2 asleep so I don't even know if he really meant it or just said it so he wouldn't feel guilty since I won't see him till tomorrow....

ANYWAY.. tonight is my bacehlorette party and I'm excited to see what my SIL put together.  I know she put in a lot of effort last minute to do it so I hope it turns out successful and my friends pull through.

I hope you all are having a better weekend than me.  I'm sure after tonight it will turn around... I've been wanting to go dancing for awhile... 
Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: Hi Girls!!!

• Oh, bummer! I'm sorry you had to go through that.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been ripping Drew new A-holes left and right. I've been feeling like he isn't doing enough either and there's still a bit to do. I told him this morning I was sorry and he's like it's only two weeks until the wedding, does this mean you will start being nicer. I told him honestly, it's probably going to get worse. But, that it will get better once we are on Maui. And for sure will the wedding day. I don't think guys get how stressful a wedding is and how much responsibility it is for the bride. 

And looking at the bright side, at least you've started packing. :) And you will get to have some fun tonight! Wish we were all there to go out with you. 
  • Jen, don't let that bother you! Guys don't get it most of the time. I would be pissed too, but you have other things to worry about, like YOUR BACHELORETTE PARTY tonight!!! Woohoo! Have a blast!!! And take pictures! Wish we could all go too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Jen, I agree guys just don't Understand. Sorry you got into a fight last night. Me and DH also got into a big fight before we left for our wedding. Us women are so stressed at that point and anything would set us off. I would be upset too. Did he at least call to say he would be late? That's what would bother me more is if he didnt let you know. I also think you should've been invited! On a happy note, I hope you have a great time tonight. Also from expierence, don't stay mad at him cause you don't want to have a bad week before you leave.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Jen & Kimmy!!! I am sure it is normal to have things like this happen during the week before, with all the stress and pressure. You ladies have worked so hard to ensure everything goes beautifully. Don't be hard on yourselves, and try to focus on the reason why you are married your men!! I am sure it's tough during those frustrating moments though....

Just think you are getting married SOON!! :)

Jen - I hope you had a fabulous time last night!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That stinks, but hopefully everything is worked out now!

Everyone was always talking about how wonderful and helpful their FIs were throughout this process and I thought I was the only one ready to explode!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012

I know I'm late but that's terrible Jen!  I would have been pissed with FI too, esp with the residual resentment for him actually going to it...I did see your pic from you party and I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy that time :-)  Before you know it, you will be in DR having a cocktail that will wash away all of the stress that's built up so far :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012

I know I'm late but that's terrible Jen!  I would have been pissed with FI too, esp with the residual resentment for him actually going to it...I did see your pics from your party and I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy that time :-)  Before you know it, you will be in DR having a cocktail that will wash away all of the stress that's built up so far :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday, but I did read everyone's advice and I wanted to say thank you!  I think the closer to the date we get the more things set me off.  I still think he was wrong, but I decided to let it go.

I had the most AMAZING time at the party last night.  and we hosted a really nice BBQ for our bridal party... they all LOVED their gifts.

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards