Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Is there anything wrong with...

Having heavy metal, metal, death metal, & extreme heavy metal being played at your wedding reception?
Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com

Re: Is there anything wrong with...

• No, there is nothing wrong with playing music that you want.

That being said, anyone who does not enjoy that music will likely leave sooner rather than later.

If I was your guest, I would leave after 15 minutes without having dinner, cake or seeing your first "dance" in order to save my ears and sanity. But that is just me.
  • Agree with PP.  There was a some country song that a guest requested at our wedding that totally cleared the dance floor.  I think the DJ learned after that, that country didn't go over well with our crowd.  If you can't dance to it, don't play it.  If guests won't dance, they won't stay.  It's the harsh reality of weddings.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My fiance is a big metal fan (I listen to pretty much anything, but metal included), so I'm trying to incorporate some "heavier" music into things he'll remember (entrance, first dance, cake cutting), but leaving the rest pretty much to the dj. I want to dance, and I don't want my guests to run screaming, but I think it's important that my fi doesn't hate EVERY song played all night, lol.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is nothing "wrong" with it.  You can play whatever you want.  I wouldn't stay though.  If it's going to give me a headache after the first song, I'm leaving.
  • Ah, okay. I never really thought of it that way. So do you ladies think it would be more appropriate to play one song as the grand entrance for the birdal party and my fiance and myself?

Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_there-anything-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:2b006634-277a-45f4-b96b-090051a6c9bbPost:bf6eb750-db9f-45eb-baee-0d4aa1389cb5">Re: Is there anything wrong with...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, okay. I never really thought of it that way. So do you ladies think it would be more appropriate to play one song as the grand entrance for the birdal party and my fiance and myself?
    Posted by cmorino12[/QUOTE]

Yes, this would be fine.  Just make sure the lyrics aren't offensive.  ;)
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_there-anything-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:2b006634-277a-45f4-b96b-090051a6c9bbPost:c03b3971-c90f-4117-9d56-2695abc33ca0">Re: Is there anything wrong with...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe something by Chris Cornell?  He has done some solo work that is beautiful and mellow.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Good idea! It has been so long since I listened to his solo work. OP, also give the Vitamin String Quartet a listen if you have any part where instrumentals could be of use to you. They have done several albums of metal/rock  (Tool, AC/DC, A Perfect Circle, Black Sabbath, Avenge Sevenfold, etc.) covers and would be a good option for you to still have your music, just in a more pleasing way.

<a href="http://www.vitaminstringquartet.com/v2/ecom4/index.php/music.html?limit=all" target="_blank">Click here for their website to view their albums by (covered) artist</a>.
  • My FI loves metal too and I don't like it at all. Plus, there aren't too many songs that are "appropriate" for weddings. I'm trying my best to find songs that he'll like, but ok for everyone else. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards