Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Colors--Vest for Groom

I've agreed (as much as a bride can) not to put too much thought into this yet, but I have a question.  Our colors, as of now, are a deep pink and black.  We ordered the BM dresses in deep pink (or European Watermelon, if I want to sound snooty :-).  The groomsmen vests will match.  I hear through the grapevine FFIL won't wear a pink vest (as he wouldn't in his other son's wedding), so I think we will put the FOB and FOG in black vests. 

This leaves FI.  I often see grooms in white vests.  He wants something in color.  I don't really want to put him in the same color as the groomsmen.  He also doesn't want to be in a black vest, as he "doesn't want to look like a penguin."  I assured him he wouldn't, but so is his view of black or white.  His other thought, is a white tux, in which case, I wouldn't have a problem with the same vests as the groomsman, as he will have the tux color distinction.  I am not sure I am completely on board with a white tux, though. 

So I'm asking for your thoughts on the white tux, as well as any thoughts of what other colors would go with the deep pink and black, to help distinguish him if we did go with a black tux.  I realize it's pretty obvious he's the groom, but still want him to have something distinct from the others.

Ok, yes, I've put too much thought into it.  Blame it on bride brain.
Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.

Re: Wedding Colors--Vest for Groom

• Options
    What if he wears the same vest as the groomsmen, but wears a special boutonierre or something to make him stand out a little more?
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about him in a dark pink vest and the GM's have black? Or would he be willing to wear silver? White tuxes can be very classy, but they make me think of my parent's wedding in the 80's. So I'm a bit biased against them.

Our wedding colors were purple, blue, and silver. One of H's only requests was to wear a purple vest. My H wore purple, the GM's wore silver, and the dad's wore black.
  • Options
    What about him wearing a different shade of pink (if that's possible)? Or wearing the same pink vest, but a different tie??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about having him wear a black shirt, black tux and the pink vest?
  • Options
    What about having him wear a black shirt, black tux and the pink vest?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You didn't mention the tie colors? Maybe he could have a different color tie than them and keep all the vests pink (Ie: Guys in matching watermelon pink ties and groom in a white?cream?ivory?different shade of pink? tie)

I am having a similar problem (groom has asked me to help him) with wanting to keep him distiguished but still look good next to the GM
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think him in a white jacket with whatever color vest and black pants would look great.  That way it's not all white, but he will definitely stand out this way.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I do like the black shirt idea!  I hadn't thought of the different tie.  I appreciate your suggestions!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    Could always do a gray tux instead.  And the fathers don't have to match the GMs, they can wear whatever they like.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards