Outdoor Weddings
Options

How to inform guests of Plan B ceremony site?

Hi!  I regularly post on my club board, but figured this board would be the best place for my current question. 

We plan on getting married outdoors at our venue, weather permitting.  Should we get inclement weather, we have a nearby (same road as venue) church booked for the ceremony. 

We are ordering invites soon (end of May) and I am wondering if I need to put the info for our 'Plan B' on our invites, and if so how.  From what I've read so far, it says Plan B info should be spread via phone and/or email a day or so before the event, when and if the decision to cancel the outdoor ceremony is made. 

Your advice and help would be appreciated!  TIA :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image image

Re: How to inform guests of Plan B ceremony site?

• Options
    You could always do an insert with the information on it.  I know its mostly word of mouth, but I wouldn't choose that myself, too iffy and I would have way too many people to call.  You could also use Vista Print, make up a yard sign that says ceremony change due to inclement weather and put it along the road since they are on the same road. Just a thought.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I would just go with word of mouth/ assign a few people to the task of letting people know.  I think if you put an insert in the invitation people might wonder what to do if it was misting, or looked like rain etc.  Make sure 5 or 6 people have a full list of the guests, and plan that if it rains, the ceremony starts at least a half hour later to accomodate people who show up at the original site and have to be re-directed.

We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    I had a pocket invitation and included a card saying something along the lines of "In the case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held at ...."  Our back up location was the lodge at the same park we were getting married.  If it rained, my plan was just to tell people the morning of via phone and also have a sign posted at the outdoor location.  If you post a sign, I would start the ceremony 5-10 minutes late to allow for people to travel from the planned site to the back up site.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards