Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Indoor August

Hi all!  

I am looking for real advice on whether an indoor August wedding could be a good option.  Outdoor is absolutely going to be too hot, but I'm thiking indoor might not be too bad as long as guests don't have to travel between venues.  

Anyone been to an indoor August wedding in Dallas?  I'd hate to go along thinking it won't be a big deal and have all of my guests shaking their heads.

Thanks,
Nancy
Engaged for 11 days

Re: Indoor August

• I wouldn't plan a wedding for August in Texas but of course people do. As long as it's indoors it will be fine. It's not like people never leave the house in August. Just realize you'll be limited to indoor pictures for the most part and choose your venue accordingly.
  • I've attended an August wedding and it was fine. Everything was indoors in the air conditioning so the heat wasn't an issue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • As long as it's indoors, I think you're fine.

While it's awesome that you're considering your guests, keep in mind that YOU are the one wearing a 5-10 pound dress and while you might be inside for MOST of that time, any outdoor pics you take are going to get uncomfortable fast!
    Anniversary

• Lots of people get married in August.  If you're worried, just ask the venues you're considering how they would deal with the heat & whether their a/c can handle it.  If you're worried about having outside photos, you could always do your engagements outside or do a bride & groom shoot later or a trash the dress shoot.  There are so many options!
  • Thanks all!  I'm feeling a little better about August if I can stay indoors.  My November date is getting ridiculous to book a venue for so trying to think of backup plans.  Thanks for the reality check!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-august?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5a476762-ba9b-4df6-82a6-92b203e939dfPost:780a6526-8ad5-4ec4-a79d-43f6887f205e">Re: Indoor August</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all!  I'm feeling a little better about August if I can stay indoors.  My November date is getting ridiculous to book a venue for so trying to think of backup plans.  Thanks for the reality check!
    Posted by ncorbett0220[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a November bride and I booked my venue in February, and I got the last November Saturday they had.  I had no idea I needed to book so far in advance.  Fall weddings are very popular.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards