April 2013 Weddings

First dance song?!?

What is everyones first dance song!?

FI and I still can't decide. We love country and we narrowed it down to three :

I Melt-Rascal Flats
Then-Brad Paisly
Whatever it Is-Zac Brown Band

I love Steve Azar-sunshine but FIs good friend danced to this song with his wife, so I think it would be weird if we had the same song.
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: First dance song?!?

• We have 't decided yet either, but I love love love I won't Give Up by Jason Mraz as our first dance song. FI isn't a huge Jason Mraz fan, but I think its such a beautiful song and perfect for a first dance. I'm still trying to convince him :)

Then by Brad Paisly is also a beautiful song. I haven't heard the other 2 on your list. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • We haven't decided either.

The first song we danced to as a couple was It's Your Love by Tim McGraw, so that is what FI is leaning towards. I have wanted to dance to Edwin McCain's song I'll Be. Then I wanted a more upbeat song and I would love to dance to Moondance by Van Morrison so we are still unsure.
  • We are dancing to Boyce Avenue's cover of Faithfully. Then by Brad Paisley was my first choice, but FI doesn't like country at all! My Best Friend by Tim McGraw is also a good one. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• You Belong Here - by Anberlin. We going for something less traditional and more alternative. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE Whatever It Is. That song is so cute!! My fiance hates country, but I probably wouldn't want to choose a country song for us anyways. Our life is more like a rock album. Hahaha.

Anyways, our song has been since we met and will always be:
    You're My Best Friend - Queen!

But, shhhh!!! Don't tell any of my guests. Wink

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vote Brad Paisley! We are having a small dinner party reception, so there will be no dancing. If we were, we'd pick something like My Best Friend by Tim McGraw. We love country as well.

Anniversary
  • FI and I will be dancing to Christina Perri - A Thousand Years. and Dad and I will be dancing to Tim McGraw - My Little Girl.

I love I Melt by Rascal Flats but I like the other ones too.  Its a toughie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're either doing "God Gave me You" by Blake Shelton or "For Once In My Life" by Michael Buble.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I song is Cant take my eyes off you by Lady antebellum. I'm dancing with my poppy to Stay Gold by Stevie Wonder. I think my FI and his mom are dancing to Do I make you proud by Taylor Hicks. Ill pretty much be crying through all three songs haha. My parents danced to Me and You by Kenny Chesney, I thought that was a really nice song. Oh and I loooove A Thousand Years. I'm definitely playing it as one of the slow songs at the wedding.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, we aren't having dancing- but if we were, it was going to be God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes (the original!). I love that song!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yer So Bad Tom Petty. It's weird but so are we and its the only one on the whole list I made that FI liked. I'm happy with it, oddness and all :
  • I really want a first dance, but we're doing a luncheon reception with no dj/band/dancing so I don't know how to fit it in without looking stupid.  I would LOVE Me and You by Kenny Chesney but FI hates country music.  I asked him for some suggestions and he has yet to give any.  I say, if he doesn't find one, my choice wins.  I also thought of using Ray Charles' Georgia on my Mind, but it's sort of ambiguous if he's talking about the state of Georgia (even though it's the state song) or a mistress named Georgia.... and I don't want to chance it. lol

If we don't end up doing a first dance, I may use the KC song for our photo montage. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:05451d82-6c99-4225-a1c4-ca5c2a4d1f0ePost:f77a890e-106f-4e6e-80af-b5bf7d9033ef">Re: First dance song?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want a first dance, but we're doing a luncheon reception with no dj/band/dancing so I don't know how to fit it in without looking stupid.  I would LOVE Me and You by Kenny Chesney but FI hates country music.  I asked him for some suggestions and he has yet to give any.  I say, if he doesn't find one, my choice wins.  I also thought of using Ray Charles' Georgia on my Mind, but it's sort of ambiguous if he's talking about the state of Georgia (even though it's the state song) or a mistress named Georgia.... and I don't want to chance it. lol If we don't end up doing a first dance, I may use the KC song for our photo montage. 
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

Since we aren't having dancing either I'm thinking of playing the song when we get home and dancing to it in our living room (or hotel, not sure which). It will be romantic, on our wedding day, and will make it "our song." We just will be dancing in private instead of in front of others!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having such a hard time deciding.  If it was totally up to me my first choice is Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels like home.  I have a bit more convincing to do with FI.
  • My Daddy and I are dancing to "There Goes My Life" By Kenny Chesney! :)

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having Smile by Uncle Kracker.  We decided that right away.  It was one of the first "songs of the day" that we used to send to eachother.  And it describes us perfectly!  Can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are dancing to Peter Frampton Baby I Love Your Way. When we first started dating he would play this song on my arm like he was playing guitar. My daddy and I will be dancing to I Loved Her First by Heartland. I have no idea what FI and his mama are going to dance too. My BF/MOH/HBIC said me and her should have our own dance to Wind Beneath My Wings, she has been my bf for almost 20 yrs and we are just weird like that.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • for those of you whose FI hates country, but you love a country song as a first dance, I was in the same situation. Our first dance will be Wanted, originally by Hunter Hayes, but to make it not country we are using a cover song I found (sells on Itunes so DJ can use with no problem). I actually ended up liking the cover song better then the original plus its a little something different, and the FI loves it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gina, I LOVE that song!!!!!  I actually met Uncle Kracker backstage at a concert.  He wasn't a very happy fella.  Looked VERY bored and didn't really talk to anyone at all.  But he puts on a heck of a show!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • We are dancing to the cover Baby, I'm Yours by the Arctic Monkeys. It's perfect!!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Alright, FI and I finally decided to dance to  "Then" by brad paisley. We feel it fits us the most :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We really want to dance to "Would you go with me" by Josh Turner. I think it's a great marriage song, but it's pretty fast-paced and we're not expert dancers. We're thinking about taking a class (b/c we have so much free time--yeah right) so that we don't look like idiots.

• My FI will be dancing to Eagle Eye Cherry cover of To Love Somebody (by the bee gees). I'm so excited!
  • I love the Brad Paisley song. We are debating between that and Stay With You by John Legend.
    I am dancing with ym dad to Butterfly Kisses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards