September 2013 Weddings
Options

Friday

Good morning, girls.

Popping in to post this before heading into a 4 hour interview for a job I don't even know if I really want! Gah!

At least it's Friday. At 2:30 FI is coming to pick me up and we are travelling to Northern Michigan to hang out with my family for my dad's birthday. I wish I could say this will be a nice relaxing weekend, but my siblings and their 6 kids will all be there as well. I really just want to sleep...

Good news is I'm going to pick up our save the dates and they will finally be getting sent out next week!

What does everyone else have on the docket for this weekend?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday

• Options
    Good luck. I had a 4 hour interview once and wanted to cry by the time it was done. I think I spoke to 6-8 people in that time and didn't know which way was up by the end. Maybe the kids will be quiet and behaved so you can relax? I have 8 nieces and nephews between my 2 siblings from 19 years to 8 months so I know how you feel.

Tonight we are playing mini golf with friends of ours and hopefully FI will have his last groomsmen. This is a couple we see about twice a month but for some reason haven't seen in almost 2 months. I am ready to have that list completed. With that I'm also hoping FI finally talks to all the groomsmen about the suit situation and we can check that off too.

Tomorrow we are headed to Cocoa Beach to "order" our cake. We know where we are getting it we just need to see how many options we have and if they can make something other than in their online catalog, which I know they can, I just want confirmation. Then we are going to stop in by a florist or 2 near the hotel to see how their stuff looks and get prices. We are ending our day with my dad and step-mom going to dinner at our hopeful rehearsal dinner spot as long as the food is good.

Sunday FI promised that we can finalize the honeymoon, but I don't believe him. By Sunday he will be over wedding talk and not want to think about it.

So maybe if I'm lucky lots of checks this weekend.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpickl - good luck. I have a 6 (yes 6) hour interview for the current job I'm at. Including 2 case studies. It was intense and exhausting, but being offered the job after it was so rewarding.

I'm really excited for this weekend! 

WR - Myself and 3 of my BMs are going BM dress shopping tomorrow. We all really like Bill Levkoff dresses, so I'm hoping we narrow it down to a couple choices and then we take a team vote with all of my BMs. Plus, if I get 4 of the BMs to order where I bought my dress, my alterations are FREE. That will end up saving me close to $500. Considering when I got measured for my dress, every measurement they took was a different size = LOTS of alterations.

NWR - two of my best friends from college are coming to Boston for the weekend. We are heading into the city tomorrow night, alongside one of my BMs. We are all blonde - so we are like the blonde mafia when we go out. It will be great to catch up and spend some time with them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - happy March, which means the 6 month mark at some point for all of us!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpickl, I feel your pain.  I had two four hour interviews for a job once.  And I never left the room.  Good luck!

So remember how yesterday I got great advice about putting cleaning supplies in a bag?  I followed it except for the giant thing of laundry detergent because it was too big and it won't spill right?  I'm just glad that the detergent didn't get over more stuff and that I had a mat in my car.  The cleaning supplies are in the apartment and put away.  I scrubbed the bathroom until it gleamed.  I washed the counters in the kitchen and took pictures of the damage that was already on the hardwood floors.

Tonight I'm packing a bunch of stuff and reloading up the car.  I'm also going shopping for things like vinegar and baking soda so I can clean the dishwasher and floors.  Tomorrow I'm going back the apartment, finishing cleaning, waiting for the furniture delivery, and putting together stuff from IKEA.  I'm just happy I'll have FI to help me!  Sunday is a shopping day for anything else that we might need (and another IKEA trip I'm thinking).

It's going to be a busy weekend, but it's totally going to be worth it!
  • Options

Boston, I had a bottle of Tide spill in my backseat in college because I was nice and driving a friend to my apartment to do laundry. Every time it got hot out, which is a lot in Orlando, my car would overwhelmingly smell like the it. I didn't use Tide for about 8 years after that, the smell just made me sick. I am now a crazy person about making sure things like that are shut tight before I allow them in my car.

***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm lucky in that I had a winter thing in the back and that's what it got on.  It's going to be a pain to clean, but at least it's not all over the actual car.  And it was All Free and Clear.  So no smells for me!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fa447694-fa63-4ae3-b233-cb363f14c038Post:846eb364-3da7-4d2f-9ec8-9c6a260a68d8">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So remember how yesterday I got great advice about putting cleaning supplies in a bag?  I followed it except for the giant thing of laundry detergent because it was too big and it won't spill right?  I'm just glad that the detergent didn't get over more stuff and that I had a mat in my car. 
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Bahaha, I tried to tell you! :)  Good luck with your new place - that feeling of FREEDOM is overwhelming when you get out from under your folks!

I'm ovr this week.  I'd like for the weekend to be mellow, but who knows.  That giant roll of burlap has been glaring at me lately, so I might try to tackle that along with the house-related stuff I need to accomplish.  Cleaning is first though - I'm sick of my living room looking like it puked trucks and Thomas trains.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Options

This weekend is filled with Birthdays. FSIL is Saturday, FMIL is Sunday and my mom is Monday AHHHH!!! Tonight FSIL is picking me up and I'm going out with her friends for her b-day Hopefully FI gets out of work at a decent time and can meet up with us!! Saturday I am thinking we might sleep in since we havnen't done that in a long while, but there is still stuff to do at the house like put up 2 tiny pieces of sheet rock and sand the spackle and put more spakle and sand again and prime the walls and paint the walls and finish painting the cabinets and maybe narrow down our back splash choices and floor choices and sand and stain the stairs... So looks like no sleeping in for us!  Still have to figure out what we are doing for BM dresses. I thought my mom and I could take a trip to a fabric store and maybe get some fabric for draping we are planning but who knows!

I work for social services so I have kind of weird hours and FI is an EMT and does minimum of 10 hour shifts so we really never see each other during the week except little times here and there. Normally I am in bed before he gets home. Last night we got out around the same time so I cooked him dinner at 9 pm when I got home and forced myself to stay up and sit on the couch with him. He was SOOOOO happy to see me sitting on the couch when he came in the door he started to giggle like a little kid it was cute! Anyway our weekends together are important since we don't really see each other during the week and since we have been doing work on my mom's house for us to move in we haven't really been able to have much "fun" unless you consider 8,000 trips to Lowe's and itchy insulation fun.

***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I am trying on wedding dresses for the first time tomorrow! I'm taking my mother and one of my best friends. I just don't know what i'll find since i'm on such a low budget, but i'll make something work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Let's see this weekend:
    -i just made a chocolate cream pie and about to ice a cake
    -church on Saturday from 10-2
    -going to my gmas after church to help her clean out her closet
    -crash
    -Sunday morning back to church
    -DB to pick up my longline bra
    -uncles house to try out dress with my bra and slip
    -back to church
    -walking dead