Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wedding Dress Help!

I found the wedding dress that I absolutely must have::

http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Fall/2012/Style-3253

From what I have found online the dress is over 7 thousand dollars which is not necessarily what I am willing to spend.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what do you suggest I do? I haven't found any other dress that I even remotely like, this is basically my dream dress. Please help. Thank you!

Re: Wedding Dress Help!

• Options
    I suggest you not look at dresses that are out of your price range. 

Have you tried this dress on?  If you can't afford it, you really shouldn't even try it on, but something to consider when finding your "dream dress" is that it doesn't always look the same on you as it does in a picture. I looked like a birthday cake in what I thought was my dream dress. The one I ended up with is NOTHING like anything I was looking at or thought I wanted, but it caught my eye in the salon and as soon as I put it on, I never wanted to take it off. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me.  You've just got to forget about it.  I tried finding one similar, or having one altered to look like the $$dream$$ dress.  It never worked.  Ultimately, I kept shopping and found the dress that was perfect and I loved it even more...and it looked COMPLETELY different!!  So, don't worry, just keep shopping and try on every different style you can, even if you think you will hate it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:6d0e300a-f063-4196-81c1-4b4226753692Post:e9b85c9e-0870-4469-9523-a25c2620a18f">Re: Wedding Dress Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I suggest you not look at dresses that are out of your price range.  Have you tried this dress on?  If you can't afford it, you really shouldn't even try it on, but something to consider when finding your "dream dress" is that it doesn't always look the same on you as it does in a picture. I looked like a birthday cake in what I thought was my dream dress. The one I ended up with is NOTHING like anything I was looking at or thought I wanted, but it caught my eye in the salon and as soon as I put it on, I never wanted to take it off. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

When I found this dress online it didn't have a price and I had to dig around quite a bit to finally find out it was over 7k. A lot of the dresses I see online have the price hidden, I guess it would be better to just go to a store and try stuff on as suggested. Thank you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:6d0e300a-f063-4196-81c1-4b4226753692Post:403d3459-4caf-453b-bf4b-547c1b2674c7">Re: Wedding Dress Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The same thing happened to me.  You've just got to forget about it.  I tried finding one similar, or having one altered to look like the $$dream$$ dress.  It never worked.  Ultimately, I kept shopping and found the dress that was perfect and I loved it even more...and it looked COMPLETELY different!!  So, don't worry, just keep shopping and try on every different style you can, even if you think you will hate it. 
    Posted by racopland[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I will do some more searching. Wish me luck. Thanks!
  • Options
    You might be able to find it on the preowned dress site or ebay.
  • Options
    i find if the price is hidden its usually over 2000
  • Options
    You could try eBay. My boss' wife sold her St. Pucci there. But there is no way of knowing what you want without trying it on first.
  • Options
    if you think there is no any others you could like, and you insist to want to have, you could try to find someone who could make for you.
  • Options
    Try Recycledbride.com :) Tons of designer gowns that have been worn once but are a fraction of original price!
  • Options
    Go try on dresses in your price range. You will really never know what looks good on you till you try them on. You may not like this 7K dress on.
  • Options

I know one good site: JenJenHouse.com. I recently bought one dress from them.

It arrived on time as promised and seriously is amazing! I paid 100.00 for this dress and it looks like I paid 500 for it! So pleased with this purchase!

Also, recently they have an activity on their FB. You could go and have a look.

You could also see the reviews on their website first and then decide.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards