Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

OFFICANT- Help

We want to have our friend marry us- we are looking into how to get him ordained but keep running into issues, anyone out there who knows the  laws in MINNESOTA please any help you can provide we would love.. Our other option is we may have to go to the JP a different day to get married and have a "fake ceremony" we have already planned for this fall!

Re: OFFICANT- Help

• aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_officant-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:1adb7258-66ad-4c77-b13c-791abf310a98Post:0324af18-fa58-4270-bf81-df15d674bba8">OFFICANT- Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want to have our friend marry us- we are looking into how to get him ordained but keep running into issues, anyone out there who knows the  laws in MINNESOTA please any help you can provide we would love.. Our other option is we may have to go to the JP a different day to get married and have a "fake ceremony" we have already planned for this fall!
    Posted by Whywait12[/QUOTE]

Why would those be your only two options? There are lots of officiants who will come to you.
    Lizzie
  • As a PSA, I feel like I should remind you not to get legal advice from random people on the internet. Call the clerks office of your local courthouse and they should be able to tell you what the requirements are.
  • The county you are from or want to get married in makes a difference. The county clerk's office website will have the requirements listed.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards