Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What do you wish...

you would have started earlier??  (For DIY things) I am trying to figure out what things I should get started on now, and what can wait a little longer.  I am a year about, but I would like to get started on some things now.  Thanks!!
June 2012 May Siggy- Me and my MOH(sis)! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio

Re: What do you wish...

• I meant to say I am a year out**
    June 2012 May Siggy- Me and my MOH(sis)! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • If you are DIY-ing invitations definitely start on those early, we did pocket fold invites and I was flabbergasted how long it took me to cut and assemble all the pocket folds, print all the components (including personalizing rsvp cards for every guest) and then assembling them, definitely allow extra time for that!!
  • Programs.  We designed, printed, folded and tied our own programs. Tying the ribbons on our programs took forever. 
  • Ditto Magdala. We were literally finishing programs the morning of the wedding at the hair salon. It's hilarious to look back on, now, but I was definitely worried in the moment.

I had the few other things I DIYed finished months early, so I'm still not sure how I let the programs slip through the cracks.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • The programs. I had this beautiful vision for the programs with the pretty paper and writing. Money and time was decreasing so at the last minute (the day before), I got some printed up. They were nice and simple but still.

Cassandra
    www.bridewithquestions.blogspot.com
    image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I had thought about doing photoshare cards so we would of had even more pics.
  • Ooohhh Missy sue thanks for reminding me about photoshare cards!!
  • I would have started on my card box and invitation design earlier.  That just took a long time and I'm left trying to get them done at crunch time.  Also, I booked ALL of my vendors and venues a year out, and it was the best decision I made.  I was able to get my first choice of vendors which was really important to me. 
  • I'm really glad you are thinking in terms of what you can get done NOW.

Get your programs and invites done early. I would have been so stressed out if I was doing anything the week of the wedding, but's that's me. I know my stressors.

What helped me is I made a promise to myself that everything would be done by the end of the weekend before the wedding weekend, including most of the packing for the HMoon, and everything was packed labeled and lists made for the DOC of what was included for the venue and what was to come home.

I was able to achieve this and I was still a bit busy the week of the wedding.. picking up last minute items for the HM, etc.

You've got the right idea, start early!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards