South Carolina

Murrells Inlet ideas ceremony?

Does anyone have any experience with the Murrells Inlet area?  I live there and have booked the new Inlet Sports Lodge for the reception, but I need a place to have the ceremony.  I've been EVERYWHERE on Google and all I can find is the Belin Methodist Church, which neither of us belong to!  I would love an outdoor weddng, but I'm open to suggestions.  Thanks!

Re: Murrells Inlet ideas ceremony?

• msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Huntington Beach State Park?  The Park is located in Murrels Inlet.  You can also try the Cooper House Event Center.  Its in Socastee and they have a nice outdoor garden.  Good luck with your choice.  Happy planning.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to be a member of Belin to get married there.  (I think the fee is just a bit more).  So, that still could be an option for you!  (IF you want to do it outside, they will allow you to have an outdoor ceremony at the cross on the Inlet sea wall too).

If you are wanting a "Murrells Inlet" style wedding...I would contact Spud's Restaurant and see if you can do the ceremony there.  They have an outdoor location right on the Inlet that has a gorgeous view!   I think the owner actually had it built for his recent wedding and put a lot of work into making it look nice.  I'm sure they would be willing to work with you.  (Plus, it's less than a mile from Inlet Sports Lodge). 

You could also check Huntington Beach State Park... I've been to a few weddings out there that were nice and it's just a few miles from your reception site!

Also, if you don't have a photographer booked, check out Christa Harder Photography.  (www.christaharder.com). She is based out of Murrells Inlet and awesome!

Hope all this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I used to be a member of Belin UMC. The preachers there are fantastic and they would more than likely be happy to marry you all in front of the inlet by the seawall. I think that'd be gorgeous! I would just call the church office tomorrow morning and make sure that they will marry non-members (which I think they will, not sure though) and explain what you want. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards