Connecticut
Options

Need a justice of the peace in southeastern CT...

Anyone have any good recommendations for a JP in SE CT? And pricing? Im finding the cheapest to be $75 and the highest to be $550. That's a big difference.

Re: Need a justice of the peace in southeastern CT...

• Options
    I'm also look for a JP but near the Hartford area. FI and I met with Ernest Young  and he was GREAT but pricing was about $325 and we weren't sure if this is typical pricing as he was the first JP we talked to... is that about what others are paying? We were hoping to stay around $200.
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    From my understanding, the rate a JP charges is set by the town or the state. I think they are allowed to charge more if they have to travel. I'm getting married in Mass, but I think the standard rate is more around $100.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I've never heard that the pricing was set by the town or state... We used Sara Carson.  She's based in the Hartford area.  She was AMAZING and such a sweet woman.  We had a completely alternative ceremony down a hiking trail on a rock in the Housatonic River, and she was all about hiking out there with us.  She completely tailored the ceremony to us, and even gave us a draft of the ceremony before so that we could see what she was going to say.  She does travel.  She met us in Kent.  We didn't have a rehearsal, and it was only DH, myself and two friends there, so she only charged us $75.  Considering all the time she put in and the travel, she was beyond reasonable.  I think I've heard others quoting her around $100-$125 with more involved.

http://sarajp.com/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I booked Sara Carson for my wedding in April. I don't remember exactly what her price is but she is the most reasonable. She is very sweet lady and very helpful for everything.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sorry!! I just looked it up...in CT, prices are not set by the state, but in MA they are set at $100 plus travel fees. I figured all states must have similar laws since a JP is appointed by the town, but I guess not.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Whtara10Whtara10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We are also using Sara Carson and I absolutely LOVE her. She does so much more for you than any other JOP probably would. She loves to hear new ideas for your ceremony. But she also helps you a lot a breaks down the whole ceremony for you. She is even letting everyone know when to take out their bubbles and taking charge with the receiving line. It's all the little things she does that makes a big difference. Plus bonus... She is doing our wedding for free because FI is in the military :) I also heard good things about Renee carle. I talked to her on the phone once, but Sara was just better for us in so many ways. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards