New York-Western
Options

Buffalo-based Photographers

Hi gang! I'm looking for more suggestions of photographers to contact within the Buffalo area. I've already put out feelers to Danielle Haen, Lasting Impressions, The Collins Photo, and New York West. Any suggestions welcome! We are looking to stay around $2000 and get a package that includes a DVD/CD of all our prints and some printed photos/albums.

Aimee

Re: Buffalo-based Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using CR Fotography. We did our engagement photos w/ them over the summer, and I was really happy w/ how they turned out.  I believe they were running a special at the time we booked, but overall their prices seemed reasonable. We have both their photographers for the whole day, a CD/DVD of our photos, a small album, and our engagement session for under $1000. I've also heard good things about Onsight Photography.
  • Options
    snooks721snooks721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second CR Fotography.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wendy Mitchell Photography!  Can't say enough about her... She's amazing, her work is beautiful, and her prices are reasonable.  www.wendymitchellphotography.com
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Knight studio is amazing they have a few different packages and prices online or they let you make your own package if you tell them your budget
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used expression in Williamsville. I was very happy with our choice, the photos were great. We also signed up at a Bridal show so we got DVD for free.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    oxj7822oxj7822 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Wendy Mitchell too! I initially booked her based on seeing her work online and speaking to her on the phone since I'm out of town, but this past weekend my fiance and I met with her in person and grab coffee because we were in town for a wedding.  She is really nice and easy to talk to, and the albums she brought along looked really great.  Our package is $2000 and includes 8 hours of photography, full resolution files on disc,  and an album with 300 of the "day's best" pictures.  You can add an engagement session for an extra $250.  One of my friends where we live is doing our engagement pictures though so we're not going to add on. 
    Anwyay, good luck finding your photographer! I think you have lots of good options!

Alison
  • Options
    I am using Wendy Mitchellas well, I have her booked for my August 2012 Wedding and she is just Fab!!!

like previously said, she will give you a cd of full resolution photos, NOT proofs!

I would just look @ the photographers website so you can see if their style, and see if they match yours. 

Oh and FYI the good ones usually get booked a year or more in advance

Good Luck!

Amanda
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we're going with Neal Urban (who is probably out of your price range).  I've heard awesome things about Fisher Creative Imaging as well (FCI), but they might be on the high end too.

Knight and Kaz photography also do a good job and i think they're a bit lower priced.
  • Options
    For anyone curious, we ended up going with New York West Photography. Jim Cookfair made us feel right at home and very welcome in his studio, which runs out of one floor of his home. His photography style is artistic and photojournalistic, which we loved. He's on the higher end of what we budgeted, but the style of the photos became more important to us. Collins Photo and Lasting Impressions (which was more $$ than Jim) were very traditional "canned" poses, which didn't jive with us.
  • Options
    Onion Photography is a hidden gem of the buffalo area. They are VERY resonably priced and Dylan and Robyn are so great to work with. Such amazing shots..

• Options
    Sarah Broecker at lakeshoreart.com

She is based n Barker/ Lockport area
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards