Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

beignets to end the reception

hey all,

i have a vision of sending everyone off from the reception with some fresh baked beignets. we're really really close to cafe du monde. i have two questions/thoughts:

1. if i sent someone over there to buy like 100 orders of beignets, are they going to kill my messenger where he stands? do they accept advance orders for large groups?
2. is there a company or delivery service that will come with a little cart or something and do this for me?

TIA!
hh

Re: beignets to end the reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you'll be very sorry and disappointed. Have you ever had beignets when they are not hot? They really dont hold up well for traveling. I would send them all home with the beignet mix and a small bag of powedered sugar. You could wrap them and they could be your favors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Lisa.

I used Hubig's pies as one of my favors. They are SUPER cheap and were a total hit. There wasn't one single pie left. That's something that can be eaten as is or reheated in the microwave later and still taste great.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you could have someone make them on site, and they can eat them with milk right before they leave. Ditto the others on cold beignets.
  • Options
    NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you talked to your caterer??

I know pigeon catering, for example, offers a beignet & cafe au lait service as an additional add-on.
  • Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP...if you definitely want to do beignets, I would ask your caterer about it.  I don't see someone going over to cafe du monde and ordering that many and being able to take them all back etc...sounds like a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think it's all been said but the reason they don't taste good cold is because they are fried - not baked.  Cold fried food rarely tastes good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards