Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tiara, earrings and veil

Really random question, but has anyone bought their acessories from Claire's?

I have a diamond necklace that my FI bought me a few years back that I want to wear, but I don't want to be spending more than I need to on a tiara and earrrings. My FI tells me to get what I need but I can tell he is a little irritated at the cost of things.
Would the difference between costume and my necklace be too noticable?

Also, I would like a veil but I'm unwilling to spend $100+ on one. Any suggestions where I can find a nice one?

Thank you :)

Re: Tiara, earrings and veil

• Options
    I think you would need to see how the claire's earrings looked against your necklace...it all depends. I've seen awesome knockoffs and some that are very fake looking.
    I'm personally not a fan of tiara's and have not idea where you could get one. Have you looked on ebay or etsy?
    I got a veil from valuveil.com for $15 shipped with scattered rhinestones and its perfect!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tiara-earrings-and-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1137a48f-4da4-4472-a539-3f950851296fPost:02ccfcc9-8e06-4558-af6c-e5520ed049d7">Re: Tiara, earrings and veil</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you would need to see how the claire's earrings looked against your necklace...it all depends. I've seen awesome knockoffs and some that are very fake looking. I'm personally not a fan of tiara's and have not idea where you could get one. Have you looked on ebay or etsy? I got a veil from valuveil.com for $15 shipped with scattered rhinestones and its perfect!
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply, I'll take my necklace over to Claire's friday and have a looksie :)

As for the veil, I was looking on that site yesterday and debating it. The price seemed to goo to be true, I was looking at the two layered elbow length with rhinestones and couldn't believe the price. I've been over to David's Bridal and their pushy sales people were trying to get me to pay $177 for one exactly the same!
    So thank you for the positive feedback on that too!
  • Options
    I would skip Claire's.  You don't have to spend a fortune and there are excellent deals out there (agree with Macy's, and also ebay), but we all shopped at Claire's when we were 12 because it was cool and that's all we could afford.  I think you can do a little better for your wedding day.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I didn't think about Macy's, thanks for that.
    I'm new to America, only just moved here so I was thinking of what was familiar to me - so I'll choose to overlook the condescending tone of the previous post.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    I think Claire's is fine!  I got my earrings and bracelet from a similar store called "The Icing" and tried them on with my dress and it looked fine.  They didn't clash with the beading on the dress or look cheap. 

My veil came from ebay shop venus_veils for $22.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tiara-earrings-and-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1137a48f-4da4-4472-a539-3f950851296fPost:608b5cd7-c8b6-4557-b08d-486fcd896769">Re: Tiara, earrings and veil</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't think about Macy's, thanks for that. I'm new to America, only just moved here so I was thinking of what was familiar to me - so I'll choose to overlook the condescending tone of the previous post.     Thanks for the heads up!
    Posted by sjwright84[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think she meant to be condescending at all.   Macy's is a great option as are other department stores, and just about every clothing store has a small accessories section (might not necessarily be wedding jewelry, but these are my staple for other costume jewelry for formal events).     Etsy also has some great stuff -- combs, tiaras, jewelry, etc.   Happy shopping!</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tiara-earrings-and-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1137a48f-4da4-4472-a539-3f950851296fPost:608b5cd7-c8b6-4557-b08d-486fcd896769">Re: Tiara, earrings and veil</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't think about Macy's, thanks for that. I'm new to America, only just moved here so I was thinking of what was familiar to me - <strong>so I'll choose to overlook the condescending tone of the previous post. </strong>    Thanks for the heads up!
    Posted by sjwright84[/QUOTE]

<div>I was soo not condescending to you, not one little bit.  I was offering my honest advice.</div><div>
    </div><div>By the way, you can't choose to overlook something, yet draw attention to it at the same time ;)</div>
  • Options
    I like this website. I'm not sure what your budget is, but they have all kinds of things in different price ranges. http://www.silverlandjewelry.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards