Destination Weddings Discussions

@Kimmy or any one that has used Sparklers

What size sparklers are you using?  I finally found a vendor in DR that sells them but they only have the 14-inch ones and they are $1.00 a piece.  I do think this is a WAY better route to go instead of risking travelling with them.  But is that a good size or are they too short?  I was actually thinking of getting the 20 or 36 inch ones.

Also, how many are you getting per guest?

Thanks!
Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: @Kimmy or any one that has used Sparklers

• I'm getting regular sized sparklers. 3 per guest. However, we aren't using them for the wedding. Our welcome BBQ is on the 4th of July and we are giving them to our guests the celebrate the 4th What are you using them for with the wedding? If it's for the exit, you need to get longer ones or by the time you get to ppl, they will be burnt out.
  • I got the 20 inch ones, one per guest, not sure whether I'll be using them for the first dance or cake cutting yet.... I shipped them out to my MILs house in DR via cargo along with a whole bunch of decorations and dry foods for my two little ones
    - And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years...I'll love you for a thousand more. Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers imageimage
  • I wanted to use them for the first dance since it's outside (if it's dark enough)... our first dance song is just over 2 minutes...  The 20 inch ones would have been perfect.

The 14 inch ones which the supplier has are said to burn for 70 seconds... I'm not sure if it's silly to give each guest 2 and hope they don't light them at the same time.

Thoughts? 

If it wasn't dark enough for the first dance, I was going to try and think of another idea or just have people do them at a later part of the reception.  I'm open for ideas...
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards