June 2013 Weddings
Options

having a lot of trouble with colors

My wedding June 29, 2013 6:30 ceremony, reception 7-12.  I'm having so much trouble picking colors!  I already know I'f def wearing colored shoes and I want a bright bouquet to carry.  I'm not sure what color I want my BM to wear.  First I though either pale yellow or green, but since it's a night wedding I was thinking maybe a saturated bright blue, similar to the color of this dress

http://watters.com/Product/WtooDresses/953//#Colors:baltic

If I have my BM in blue, do you think I can still incorporate yellow and or green somewhere?  I saw a cake that had decorations that were that type of blue and pale green and pale yello so I'm thinking I can make it work, but I'm not sure.  My venue has napkin colors of pale yellow and green, can I use one of those colors for napkins?  I know linens don't need to match BM dresses, but I do feel like everything should work well together........

Re: having a lot of trouble with colors

• Options
    I love the blue color, but I do see your point, it is a bit difficult to see it work well with the other two colors without actually well, seeing it lol.  You don't have to listen to me but it doesn't sound appealing to me, but I would probably just have to see a picture of such a wedding to see how it can be pulled off well.

I do like a chocolate color like in this perfect palette thingy:
    http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2010/09/late-summer-wedding-palette-of-yellow.html

I also like gray or charcoal for BM dresses with green/yellow flowers:
    http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2009/05/lemon-lime-gray-sweet-summer-romance.html

BUT I do not think you need to change your bridesmaid dresses just so they look more "evening" in color.  It doesn't get dark out until like 830-9 in the summer in MD.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    do you have a particular theme or mood you are going for??

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Definitely don't choose your colors based on the time of your wedding. I've been to plenty of evening weddings where the colors were light. If you wanted to go with yellow or green, then do it! 

On another board a Knottie gave advice to go to Jo-Ann Fabrics and put swatches of the colors together that you are thinking of. If you don't like them next to each other there- move on to a different color combination. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can look on Davids Bridal. They have a color inspiration page. It helped us a lot. We even went to Hobby Lobby and put ribbons together to see how they would look. Or you could hold put paint chips together.

Your colors doesn't have to reflect the time of day or anything like that. Our colors are  pink, yellow, and orange and they look more springy than summery...

Also, we have the same date! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_having-a-lot-of-trouble-with-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:1ce96e7f-959a-4df8-83dc-0dd65b6b9bfdPost:f5942c41-3f46-419b-a7e1-0c56bb400cc3">Re: having a lot of trouble with colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can look on Davids Bridal. They have a color inspiration page. It helped us a lot. We even went to Hobby Lobby and put ribbons together to see how they would look. Or you could hold put paint chips together. Your colors doesn't have to reflect the time of day or anything like that. Our colors are  pink, yellow, and orange and they look more springy than summery... <strong>Also, we have the same date! lol</strong>
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome!  We were deciding between teh 29th and the weekend before but then figured since the week after the 29th is fourth of July we'll get the holiday from work so one less vacation day to use for the honeymoon trip, lol.
  • Options
    Our thoughts exactly. Do you know where you guys are going yet? We are almost dead set on Gatlinburg, TN...I wanted the beach :( but he doesn't like the beach...crazy right? I mean who doesn't like the beach? lol but yeah. Gatlinburg is awesome and I love the whole cabin thing anyway. I'm so excited! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The second wedding on this page is a royal, aqua, green, and yellow wedding so you can get an idea of how to put it together.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sugarfoote: haven't given it too much though yet.  We have tossed around either a cruise, hawaii or some sort of island.  I def want beach access!

My lastest ideas for color is: pale yellow dress, blue shoes and maybe pink/yellow/white bouquets?  Or, green dress like this http://www.dessy.com/dresses/lelarose/lr145/#.T0152od8C8A// and then yellow/white/pink flowers and whatever color shoe.  One of my BM did post a photo on my pintrest board of navy dreses w/hot pink shoes and flowers which also looks good, but I'm not into having hot pink anywhere else than shoes or flowers lol.
  • Options
    Vals78Vals78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My wedding is the June 21, 2013, which is the first day of summer. I just got my dress last week. I was thinking about doing champagne as the color for my girls dresses, but since my dress is ivory I think its going to be too dull. I am liking coral and watermelon, but still undecided. Any adivice or suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards