Colorado-Denver
Options

i see a bunch of new names i don't recognize!

please...........introduce yourselves!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: i see a bunch of new names i don't recognize!

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies, I am a Native but am actually getting married in Las Vegas, getting married in Colorado was my first choice but FI and I decided to go to Vegas for our ceremony and reception.  I have been lurking for awhile and since its a ice day figured I would finally post here.

Stay Warm and Drive Carefully!!!

Jolene
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those of you who don't know me, I'm Jodi, I live here in Denver, where df Stan and I are getting married in July. We've been engaged since last April!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi girls!
    i'm kris, just engaged dec. 2010 to ralph.  we're working on an april 2012 chicago wedding as we're both midwestern transplants.....so i'm planning from a distance.  any advice on how to do that effectively would be great!

i fell in love with the denver board after posting a question about an REI registry - girls were recommending steel wine glasses and reviewing double sleep bags!  so awesome - love denver brides!

i'm going to have lots and lots of questions so look forward to chatting, congrats everyone!

xo-

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright, I'll bite.  My name is Megan and I'm getting married (I feel a little like that is an embarrassing admission).  I never thought I'd be one of those ladies that was really interested in wedding planning (not a judgement, just not like me), but here I am.  I started reading these boards to figure out what it was all about (and what I'm bound to do wrong), but stayed because it's this amazing anthropological study of things I've never thought about before.

Anyways, my trufax report:
    Ken proposed last year at the top of a 5-pitch climb in RMNP.  He even remembered to take off my helmet and fix my hair beforehand so I'd feel pretty.  He's a good boy.

We went to stand in line at 3am Halloween night in order to get married at City Park next summer.  I thought we'd be the only people that crazy.  I was wrong.

I only post when I'm bored (when the guy is not around) or procrastinating (like now).  So, I always post-and-run and then feel guilty about it. 

There's my novel. Hi all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS  I'm nosy.

Jolene- You actually got the cold day?!? I'm jealous.  Are you a teacher? 

Jodi- What does df mean?  Dear fiance or is it an alternative to FI?  I'm kind of anti-the term "fiance" (no idea why- maybe because I feel like an a$$ saying french words).  I'd love to say something different- anyone have any ideas?

Kris-  Chicago?!? That sounds a bit like a planning nightmare.  Maybe it's good- you can't stress out too many details a thousand miles away?

Sakana- Muscley unicorn= ironic or passion? ;)
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Megan; yes, df means dear fiance. ds is son, dh hubby, dd would be daughter, etc :) comes from being on other boards
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    edited December 2011
    @megan - Yeah, I was veery surprised too, not a teacher, office manager but the roads were yuck yesterday so they said stay home, hey you don't have to tell me twice. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha

the unicorn is  a reference to another board

FI stands for future intended

:D

and yes, i teach
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm a social worker and i have to drive all over the front range so we've been off work the last 2 days.  i'm home alone as ralph is travelling for work so i'm in full tilt wedding obsession mode.....

we chose chicago since it's ralph's hometown and we're getting married in a lutheran church (important to my family) instead of a catholic church (which would have been very important to ralph's family.)  seems like a good compromise - his hometown, my church.  the other deciding factor was that my future husband wants our wedding party to go until 4am and i could NOT find ANY venue in colorado that would allow that.  anybody know of one?????????

i wouldn't say planning  nightmare but it is a challenge fo sho, especially since i'd like to do some things myself to save $$$...........chicago's expensive, almost 11% sales tax!  

we can bring our own booze and decorations - do you think it's totally nuts to buy our alcohol here at costco, beg/borrow/steal votives and such from our friends, pack it all up and drive there together?  by the time we go to all that effort i don't know if it's worth it....

jolene - i think about eloping to vegas all the time!!!  are you having a full wedding or what?

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    edited December 2011
    @arrabelle - Eloping, would have been so much fun, but our families would be PISSED!! So, we changed to a full wedding, ceremony (Caesars Palace) and reception (The Orleans - in a huge party suite)

We figured lets just have a big party and see who shows up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heck, I'll join in.

FI and I have been together more than 8 years and he proposed 12.26.10. We would love to do JOP and a nice restaurant reception dinner. I feel that since family is coming from back east, we need to do something a little more than that. He has family that we don't want showing up, so we are doing a DW. We are afraid if we do it anywhere in the US, unwanted family may show. This way hopefully they won't. Ahh, the minefields of planning a wedding.

I have been lurking forever, so thus my join date and low posting numbers.

I am an older bride (late 30's) and have two dogs that I am crazy about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls,
    Thought I'd introduce myself as well.  I don't like the word fiance so I just call mine FH or Future Husband. FH (Geoff) is an announcer for my roller derby league and he suprised the crap out of me by proposing to me in front of a huge crowd when we were getting our awards for winning the Championship bout in Chicago in November of 2010. 
    I used to really want to do a destination wedding to somewhere tropical and combine it as an immediate family vacation but we decided that would be too expensive.  So now we are planning it for the Chatfield Botanic Gardens in Littleton.  It's one of my favorite venues that I've photographed at.  (I'm a wedding photographer for my job)
    That's about it for me!
    April
    I'm a professional wedding photographer who FINALLY got engaged and get to have my own dream wedding:) http://www.apriloharephotography.com
  • Options
    ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everybody:) I wanted to make sure I introduce myself also.  I love reading all of your stories...  I moved here almost 2 years ago and my fiance moved here about a week after me (we were not together yet;) We met a few weeks after and will be getting married July 22, 2011! I am super excited and stressed out at the same time- anyone else feel this way? lol owell:) nice to meet you all!

Kellyn
  • Options
    GabbygabGabbygab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All!

My name is Gabby - I have lived in Colorado most of my life.  Been engaged since Dec 19th.  He proposed on the 1st and 2nd flatiron trail in Chatauqua :-) I got lucky and got the wedding date we wanted up at Chatauqua!!  Yay!  Super Happy! It is very overwhelming, but fun at the same time.  I have officially become engrossed with wedding details. No intervention needed.... not yet anywaysLaughing  Glad to "meet" you all!!
  • Options
    cubuffs01cubuffs01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Alicia. FI took me to NYC for a weekend vaca and proposed on Dec 2nd--in front of the Rockefeller tree. He said we both love x-mas so much that he wanted to propose in front of the biggest x-mas tree he could find.

Wedding plans have already gone from beach destination, to mountain wedding, to simple mountain wedding, to really simple denver wedding. The denver planning is a little more difficult--thinking of a 2012 ceremony at Cheesman Park Pavilion and a brunch reception on a roof top patio (somewhere). The perfect patio hasn't presented it's self, so if you have any suggestions on really sunny venues, do share Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards