October 2012 Weddings

Tuxes

So we finally went to look at tuxes at Men's Warehouse yesterday.  I can't really tell the difference between the different tuxes, but of course we were drawn to the gray one, which was on the top price level.  Was anyone else surprised by the costs of renting tuxes?!  It is going to be $207 a GM!  I told FI he needs to ask his GM what price range they are comfortable with.  I can't imagine them spending more than my BM dresses and not even keeping them!  Yikes.  We are still going to look at Friars because they have suits, which we may go with.  I don't know!  So many choices!!

Re: Tuxes

• Yeah our GM are paying $107 per rental.  I cannot believe that they are so expensive for something they're renting!  My Dad's rental is $150.00.  He was going to cancel his rental & just buy a tux but then my Mom told him we'd have to pay for the grooms rental & lose our invitations rebate so he didn't.  I felt really bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow.  That seems like alot.  Was there another gray one that you liked at the store?  I would check other places too to see what prices they have.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Nope that was the only gray one.  I'm sure that was part of the reason that we were drawn to it too, because it was different.  They only had 9 total to choose from.  I was a little disappointed.  We are going to shop around, but seriously like $107 minimum seems like a lot!

• Have you tried any local tux shops? We found that our local shop was $50 cheaper per rental for the same suit as opposed to Men's Wearhouse. Also, since only 2 of FI's 5 GM are local, they're letting the other 3 get measured elsewhere (they gave us the exact measurements to get) and then they'll just call the shop with their measurements and to pay their deposit. Maybe something like that could work for you as well?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • We didn't care for the people, the service or the pushy-ness at Mens Warehouse...and the price.  We are going to shop some local tux shops next weekend...  I didn't like that FI couldn't try any of the tuxes on...she only showed them to us on a maniquen and said that no one has tuxes to try on first before putting in the order to rent them....sounds rediculous...going to keep looking....
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • We went to a local tux shop.  The price of our rental is $170 (including tax) a person and includes everything (tux, shirt, bow tie, shoes, cufflinks)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jess,I didn't like that either.  They could only try the coats on him....and I told him I didn't see a difference between the Vera Wang expensive one that is supposed to be slimming and the Calvin Kline middle price one.  We are definitely going to shop around, but I don't really know of any local tux shops....scratch that I just found one.  Anyway, it's just a bummer that it doesn't seem like this will be a quick check....but then maybe FI will see why my mind is always running with wedding decisions!

• I can't believe that you can only try coats on at MW!  How are you supposed to know what the whole tux looks like LOL?!  The local tux shop that we went to FI could try on the coats AND pants!  I'm so glad that we didn't waste our time with MW!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Omg yes!! ours will be $160!! It's just insane for just renting something! The only nice thing about it is because we have so many needing a tux my hubby to be got his for free and so did our dads. But for everyone else paying it's a lot. Everyone seems ok with it though which is nice!
  • We are going with suits that the guys can keep. They will be paying $149 for everything. I'm sure most of them will never wear them again, but oh well!
  • edited July 2012
    Ours are $160 from Mens Warehouse... I agree, kinda a lot for something you wont be keeping, but all the groomsmen were just fine with the cost, so it works out I guess.

Initially we wanted our Dads to get tuxes, but decided against this- we trust them to come looking presentable (haha, jk)... FI's rental would have been free but now we are paying for it, not the end of the world, but I still think rentals should cost less though!

side thought/question.... I wonder why bridesmaids dresses are not rented more often? I understand they often get altered, but I think BM dresses should also be rented (for less as well)!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • how do you guys get those awesome (honeymoon tags and tickers down there?)
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards