Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Officially booked and seeking advice!!

Hi ladies, so my fiancé and I got engaged back in August of 2011 and after experiencing what has been the most stressful time of my life (including trying to budget for a wedding and a new house that got delayed 4 months and both my fiancé and mom getting in major car accidents) we FINALLY just booked our wedding today for next may 2013..ahhhh only 10 months away!! Seeking any and all input on where we should start first with our wedding plans!

Re: Officially booked and seeking advice!!

• Congrats! Come up with an estimate of how many people you will be inviting. You will need to know this in order to book your ceremony and reception place. I would start there and book those places first. I'm getting married in September 2013 and places are already getting booked up!

Good luck!

• Congrats on selecting a date. You should start with a tenative guest list and a budget. This will lead you to the type of venue you want and so on. Good luck.
    imageAnniversary
  • It sounds like you already have your wedding venue or is it just your ceremony?  You'll need tofind your dress and bridesmaids' dresses next because they have to be ordered.  I'd look into photographers, music, and flowers as soon as possible too. .  Some of those book a year in advance, especially ones that are not connected with a group and work for themselves.  Do you need suggestions for those?  Where is your wedding located?
  • thanks ladies for the input. the date we booked includes our ceremony/cocktail hour/recption located as well as the food/bar, Any and all suggestions for additional vendors would be greatly appreciated. We are getting married at Talamore Country Club! :-D 
  • My florist works at Talamore a lot.  Whimsical Welcomes gets lots of great reviews on this board.  Leslie is really creative, will work with your budget, and is so easy to work with. She's extremely detail oriented, which I really like and is very responsive. There are photos of Talamore weddings on her blog, her website, and FB page.  www.whimsicalwelcomes.com We're using Silver Sounds for music. www.silversound.com  We have a family member doing photography, but my cousin used Jenn Childress and her photos were gorgeous.  She has a lot of Talamore photos on her blog too. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards