North Carolina-Outer Banks

Gertrudes Breakaway!!

My fiance and i are having our July 2012 wedding here!! Just wondering if anyone else is getting married here and has any advice on setting up and decorating? Or any brides that has had a wedding here recently and has pictures!My Fi and i are both indecisive.....

Re: Gertrudes Breakaway!!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Someobdy has rented this for next year I believe....let me see if I can find them for you :)

• llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Martiny!  We're gettin' hitched at GB in May!  So I don't really have any advice, per se, but I do have lots of pictures of the house, yard, and porches/balconies that I'm happy to share.  We're going to have the ceremony on the beach right off the access at the end of the cul de sac.  We are thinking that we'll have a cocktail hour with a bar set up on the ground level porch and have some cocktail tables on the 2nd and 3rd floor balconies as well as a few maybe by the pool.  Then we'll have dinner and dancing under a tent in that lovely yard.  My game plan for decorating is going to be putting white Christmas lights on anything that will sit still. Anyways, if you're interested in talking more or would like to see some of my pictures (seriously, we have every inch of the house/yard covered) send me an email at lauren.r.lilley at gmail dot com.  Just don't send me a PM because I'm terrible at checking them! 
  • edited December 2011
    Martiny-

We were looking at Gertrudes as well and there are actually videos that someone took of the entire place on youtube (just search Gertrudes Breakaway).  Sadly it was out of our budget for August 2012 (almost $10K with fees & deposits just for the home for the week) and when you added all the rentals (tent, tables, chairs, benches, plates, silverware etc. etc.) to that it was just not something we could swing.  I absolutely loved the place though..

We ended up going with Pelican's Landing instead as some rentals (including set up!) are included with the home (tables, benches, plates, silverware, glasses etc.) if you rent directly from the owner.

Best of Luck!
  • martinymartiny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wedobx2012---YGPM :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards