Chinese Weddings
Options

Help on Chinese Traditional Food at a non Chinese venue!!

Hello,

We just got engaged and have been going crazy looking for a pretty place that is not a traditional Chinese restaurant (I cannot stand the split wedding, the decor, or the wet bathroom in my white wedding gown) but serves the 10 courses meal in NYC and around the area.

We have found Sheraton in Flushing but with their service charge of 21% and a NYC tax, it is very pricey. We tried looking for a venue and a Chinese caterers with no luck.

Any suggestions or ideas??

Thanks! Smile

Re: Help on Chinese Traditional Food at a non Chinese venue!!

• Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try S. Dynasty in Manhattan. Yes, it is a Chinese restaurant but it's not one of those big banquet halls. You might be able to have the entire place for your wedding. I think the decor is pretty nice (with a piano!), none of that flashy red business going on there. They give you a changing room right outside the restaurant, and it's in the Radissen Hotel so the bathrooms should be better. I heard the food is pretty good too.

S. Dynasty was our second choice. For certain logistical reasons, we went with Sheraton in Flushing. I haven't posted my review yet, but overall an okay experience. My feelings on Sheraton is just so-so, not overly pleased but wasn't horrible.

Another place I'd come across was Mudan in Flushing. From pictures that I've seen, it looked like a nice place. We just couldn't fill the whole space because we only had appx 100 guests.
  • Options
    HoLee520HoLee520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reply. We are going with Sheraton because S. Dynasty and Mudan can't fit our party either. Hopefully, the decoration would be good. How was the food at Sheraton?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards