Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

How much are your guests spending?

I have no clue and when I ask they all say "whatever it costs to get to see you get married."

Re: How much are your guests spending?

• Options
    Most of my guests are traveling from North Carolina to Miami to cruise with us.  Their cost breakdowns are something like this:

$200 for roundtrip flight per person
    $150 per couple for hotel stay before cruising
    $392 to 522 per person for cruise accommodations

Plus, they will need money for spending and alcoholic beverages.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    The cheapest package we have is 3 nights, all inclusive, standard room at RIU in Negril: $449 per person plus airfare. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I heard that from people too...until they heard the prices. LOL...The airfare getting to St.Lucia is pretty high. For three nights they are looking at about $600 for an Sandals all inclusive standard room. Plus about $800 for air fare.

• Options
    I have people coming from  a few different places... this is staying at an AI resort in Cancun for 2 people hotel and airfare...
    4 nights flying from DFW... $1300
    4 nights flying from Chicago... $1400
    5 nights flying Indianapolis... $1600
    7 nights flying from DFW... $2200

HTH!
  • Options
    cost is from $1500-$2000 per couple for flight & hotel depending on length of stay for a non-AI in Aruba (Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa for most). Other people are using starwood points to book hotel, so they'll saving a lot of money by doing that.
  • Options
    With airfare from Minneapolis, I believe a 7-night stay at RIU Negril is between $1200-$1300 for the cheapest room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ours are spending about 1400 per person with roundtrip airfare leaving from chicago to jamaica. It is an AI resort so that includes food, drinks, tipping, etc. which is nice cause that stuff can add up once you are there!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    My guests are spending at least $1000pp from Boston to Aruba, and this is not AI.  We've heard some complaints but to show our appreciation we are doing 4 events for all to take part in.
    1) rehearsal dinner with open bar
    2) wedding reception with open bar
    3) day after brunch
    4) private sunset booze cruise

This may soften the blow for them??...I hope.Undecided
  • Options
    We are actually working this out with our WC right now.  We talked to her this afternoon and she is supposed to get back to us.  According to her the best discount we can get is 30% (which is fair).  The rate per night for our wedding week is $635.00 for two people and approximately $500 per person for airfare.  This is a little more than I figured it to be so my fingers are crossed that we get the full 30%.  I even did a little research today to see if there are any other resorts to switch to but the main thing about this resort is their family friendly sister resort is right next door and my nieces and nephews (who I love like they're my own) can come.  Wow, got a little winded there...didn't realize I needed to vent!
  • Options
    I'm having mine at the Dreams Vallarta in mexico.  It will be $1200-$1500 including all inclusive and airfair (direct from calgary, canada) for one week.  We have 25 people booked so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    crislencrislen member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    We're guessing about $1500 pp for the airfare and cruise.

$500 airfare from Calgary/Vancouver to Tampa
    $600 7 day cruise (inside cabin)
    $100 hotel night before
    $300 spending money / excursions.

However, many of the guests are going down earlier / staying later and doing DisneyWorld. 

We've got over 30 people booked already for a May 2011 DW.  Most people are treating it as a full vacation since the wedding is on embarkation day.

I'm thinking we should also host a welcome dinner and possibly with help from our parents (we're paying for everything else on our own) paying for everyone's hotel room for the night before.  But that depends on when everyone comes down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards