Florida-South Florida
Options

Help! Is this a good deal??

I need to know if this is a good deal or not for videography. This quote was given to my friend who is getting married in 3 months and I am also interested in the same services she is looking for in a videographer.

Here is what she is getting for $1350:
- 2 videographers
- 2 cameras
- Go pro cameras
- No time restrictions
- HD audio
- Full editing with color enhancement
- 3 dvds
- Highlight trailer

Girls, what do you think? Is it a bad price or it is fair price?

Your honesty is welcomed!

October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Help! Is this a good deal??

• Options
    How many hours? I had a very well known videographer and I was able to talk him down a little less than that but only had about 5.5 hours. This is the customized package he made for me:

Movie style coverage. High Definition
    /> > > Up to 4.5 hours of Coverage. (which ended up being more than that) 
    /> > > 2 Cameras @ Ceremony
    /> > > Pre- Ceremony coverage
    /> > > Digital editing. Smooth transitions, music, titles & special effects.
    /> > > 25 picture photo montage with music of your choice.
    /> > > Wireless mic for premium sound.
    /> > > Delivery on 2 master DVD's
    /> > > Online Movie Trailer.

My trailer came out awesome but this is all pending full video. HTH!

Do you and your friend click with this person, I feel that is very important :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_help-is-this-a-good-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:6655db12-227d-4880-831e-d5647bed268cPost:dfad538d-c029-4cae-8f6b-243f1ef07e0f">Re: Help! Is this a good deal??</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many hours? I had a very well known videographer and I was able to talk him down a little less than that but only had about 5.5 hours. This is the customized package he made for me: Movie style coverage. High Definition /> /> > Up to 4.5 hours of Coverage. (which ended up being more than that)  /> > > 2 Cameras @ Ceremony /> > > Pre- Ceremony coverage /> > > Digital editing. Smooth transitions, music, titles & special effects. /> > > 25 picture photo montage with music of your choice. /> > > Wireless mic for premium sound. /> > > Delivery on 2 master DVD's /> > > Online Movie Trailer. My trailer came out awesome but this is all pending full video. HTH! Do you and your friend click with this person, I feel that is very important :)
    Posted by HeatherL212[/QUOTE]

I haven't met with him yet due to a family emergency on the day I was going to meet him but my friend went to get pricing for both of us. She liked his personality but I can't say if we clicked because I haven't met him.

I forgot to add the wireless mics for both bride and groom. He doesn't go by the hour. He doesn't work by the hour which seems to be good. He told us he would start with bride getting ready until the cutting of the cake or the bouquet/gater toss which ever is last. I don't need a videographer to capture everyone dancing.

What do you think, Heather? Is this a good deal?

Who did you go with?
    October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Everyone is pretty much around that price so yes :) I used Kenny with MXI Studios.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_help-is-this-a-good-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:6655db12-227d-4880-831e-d5647bed268cPost:08465bb5-f9d2-4909-9de0-f85136c259ee">Help! Is this a good deal??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to know if this is a good deal or not for videography. This quote was given to my friend who is getting married in 3 months and I am also interested in the same services she is looking for in a videographer. Here is what she is getting for $1350: - 2 videographers - 2 cameras - Go pro cameras - No time restrictions - HD audio - Full editing with color enhancement - 3 dvds - Highlight trailer Girls, what do you think? Is it a bad price or it is fair price? Your honesty is welcomed!
    Posted by DaisyBoo36[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds great - no time restrictions and 2 cameras!!  Awesome!</div>
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    ..... not in high definition. The price is great, but you're buying 20th century technology. If theyre only delivering the video on DVD, its not in high def, so something to consider.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_help-is-this-a-good-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:6655db12-227d-4880-831e-d5647bed268cPost:e72ddbf8-a0c7-48c1-8635-dd2d5a7ddb97">Re: Help! Is this a good deal??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone is pretty much around that price so yes :) I used Kenny with MXI Studios.
    Posted by HeatherL212[/QUOTE]
    Really? I contacted him and he told me his packages started at 2k! FI has talked to several video vendors and all their packages were 1500 and above with not a lot to offer.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It was probably because I booked him a month before my wedding and I am a really good negotiator lol Do you want me to call him for you? I plan to put him on my preferred vendors list...
  • Options
    Sounds like a good deal to me!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards