Getting in Shape
Options

Need encouragement

Alright so here goes: I gained a decent amount of weight last year just from "not caring". I think it actually was a result of restricting for so long. I decided to turn to HCG because diet and exercise weren't working for me. I did one round with great success and he weight stayed off for about 6 months then slowly started to creep back on. Once I began seeing it come back I decided to do another round. Then something clicked and I just told myself that this was doing way more harm than good for my body. I immediately stopped but because of that caused me to gain 18 lbs in 2 short months. I have not stopped working out or eating properly just haven't been so strict. I am now getting so hard on myself. I am eating and tracking the "proper" foods and working out 5/6 days a week and even training for my 6 th half marathon. I guess I just need encouragement. And reinforcement that I am in fact doing everything I should be doing to get to a healthy weight and be able to look in the mirror again:/ I understand I did do it the wrong way so please don't scold me , trust me I have done that enough. Sorry for the rambling.

Re: Need encouragement

• Options
    What you are doing is right. It is about lifestyle change and you are really doing that. It can be tough at times, but that's what these boards are about. The encouragement. Even if I haven't changed in weight I have noticed how much better I feel so look to those small things for encouragement too (the non-measurables). Keep it going.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We all hit a wall at some point. 
    It super blows. 
    We can relate.

I'm so thankful that you caught your mistake with the HCG diet and have changed for the better...  We're not hear to  rag on you for your diet mistake.. we all do dumb things.. The point is that you caught it and are fixing it now! 
    Remember that those kinds of things DO screw with your metabolism. That explains the rapid weight gain recently, and why you're struggling now. Your metabolism will work it's way back to normal, though. It may take a little bit, and you may see little weight loss for a month or two, but it'll click in and you'll be on a more successful path to weight loss/muscle gain. 

The best way to help your metabolism out (in my experience with myself and others) is to wake up and immediately fuel your bod. Show it that you're giving it exactly what it needs from the get-go so it "trusts" you (I know, this is weird.. I'm speaking like it's your buddy lol) This means a good protein and carb filled meal (think oatmeal with cinnamon, eggs (or eggwhites) with veggies and a piece of toast, etc) with a couple BIG glasses of water. 
    It sets your body up to trust that it doesn't need to be in "starvation" mode and save every litle calorie you put in it that day. 

Congrats on taking this (much more difficult, but longer lasting) step to long-term weight loss and health! 

YOu can do it, and we're here to help :) 

• Options
    Not too long ago I had a smilar issue. My diet of choice has been the Atkins diet (low carb), along with a short but daily workout. I was able to lose about 38lbs over a 6-7 month period. Then I went a month without losing a single pound, and I hadn't changed my diet or exercise routine at all. I was getting really desolate because I still have a lot of weight to lose. I decided one day that I just needed to up my work-out a little bit. I only added on 15 extra minutes a day and in the past 2 months I've lost another 7lbs. Sure, dieting results are different for everyone but I want you to know that we all have similar stories such as yours and the only thing you can do is not give up! If all else fails, do what I did and tweek your diet or exercise regime until you find the perfect balance for yourself. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards