Wedding Party
Options

PSA: LivingSocal Deal for Terrible Convertible Dresses

I debated posting this because I don't want to condone the forcing of bridesmaids to wear these horribly unflattering dresses, but I figured I would so they might not have to spend so much freaking money on them. 

Re: PSA: LivingSocal Deal for Terrible Convertible Dresses

• Options
    AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    You are too funny! I strongly dislike convertible clothing items because I can never figure out how to do all the different looks! And the pictures are never any help at all (if they are even included).I had a dress like that from American Apparel and a wrap/cardigan type thing from BCBG, and I never wanted to wear them. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_psa-livingsocal-deal-for-terrible-convertible-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:65586275-1bab-4e02-a8cb-ede446853d4cPost:b0fecd89-6125-45cf-a161-4b061a45e1ce">Re: PSA: LivingSocal Deal for Terrible Convertible Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are too funny! <strong>I strongly dislike convertible clothing items because I can never figure out how to do all the different looks!</strong> And the pictures are never any help at all (if they are even included).I had a dress like that from American Apparel and a wrap/cardigan type thing from BCBG, and I never wanted to wear them. 
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]
    Same here! I bought one awhile back that came complete with picture instructions. I could never make the dress look like same as the pictures. :(
  • Options
    beardownbchsbeardownbchs member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    LOL they seem great in theory, but like you guys said, it's hard to figure out how to work them right. And most are made with such thin unforgiving fabric - I seriously think I have underwear that is thicker, more substantial than some of these dresses. 
  • Options
    Those dresses are yuck.

However, I do own a Le Sac dress which is the one I think you guys are talking about from AA? I love it. It wouldn't work for a wedding, because they are cotton, but I think the thin shoelace type straps work way better than the other ones. I think it is because you aren't using the straps on that for some sort of coverage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have a convertible dress and I wore it once and I had to change the way it was wrapped halfway through the night to avoid a wardrobe malfunction!

• Options
    This makes me sad.  I was really hoping to have my girls in convertible dresses because they are affordable, and reusable.  :(  I have girls that are all very different sizes and styles, but I thought a convertible would be a good way to go...  Now it looks like I may have to rethink this.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hate these dresses with the fire of a thousand suns.  One of my friends has one and thinks it makes her look good because guys flock to her when she wears it.  Had to point out it was because her (relatively large) boobs were not supported and in certain lighting, the dress was a bit translucent.  

And now she wants to get another one for my WP.  It's her decision, but I have to find a way to ask her to wear a bra or something so she's not flashing my grandmother. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards