Arizona-Phoenix

Anyone else wanting to lose weight before wedding?

I am hoping to lose ~15 lbs before our wedding in October.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Was wondering if people would be up for a weekly (or daily if there is enough activity) weight loss/accountability/workout etc thread....

Let me know if you'd be up for it!
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else wanting to lose weight before wedding?

• LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in! I would like to lose about 5 - 10 lbs before the wedding (march), but more than that I need to tone up all my squishy areas that are leftover from having a baby (who is now over a year old. haha.)
    Photobucket
  • jabecknerjabeckner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a frequent poster on the getting in shape board you might want to start joining in over there. There are a lot of great girls who are there for support, encouragement, and ideas.
    Jolie on the Run Wedding Countdown Ticker
    132 Invited image
    38 Can't wait to party image
    0 Don't like fun image
    94 ? image
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so in!  I have less than four weeks to fit into my new bikinis!  I started working out a few weeks ago, but I'm afraid I'm too late!

Here's my plan anyways.... I run/jog/walk a 3 mile trail every MWF, and then do a Saturday workout at home.

I hate videos, but I've heard the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is great.  I bought it, but couldn't stick with it :(
    Photobucket
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nilla - we have somewhat similar training -  I run 3 miles T/Th and hopefully a day on the weekend and do the gym M/W - also some tennis usually thrown in there.

Just in the craziness of planning plus other travel things I've gotten totally off track and off routine. 
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am in. I have 30 pounds to loose before November. Am gonna start P90X I think but could use some accountability partners!!
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes Yes Yes! I would love to lose 20-25 pounds by 2/2011. Please help me stay motivated. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Im in!  Went to the gym today!  60 min done!  This is a great idea!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI says he has definitely noticed a difference! Yay! My hard work is paying off haha!

Alschmid, I totally know what you mean about getting off track.  There is just so much to do!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am in too!!!  I need to lose about 40-45 pounds before February 2011.  I just joined Weight Watchers this weekend and I am doing the 30 day shred every morning (starting with today).  It's hard but you can't beat the 20 minute workout.
  • edited December 2011
    I just wanted to share a great way to work out with you girls.  An alternative to the gym or running countless miles on a boring treadmill.

I used to be a gym rat and you could find me there 6 days a week doing weights and running.  But I hated it.  I thought it was a necessary evil.  About a year ago I was refered to Abby Bella Dance studio by a friend.  They have dance classes as well as fitness classes like Zumba, Bella Barre (a ballet based workout program using pilates, weights and the ballet bare), extreme cardio, total body fitness, cardio striptease, etc.  The instructors are phenomenal and after a few months I canceled my gym membership.  I now take 2-3 classes there a day.  Its just fun...and it never feels like work.  They have a location in North Scottsale (Shea and FLW) and Arcadia (44th and Indian School).  They also offer a 4 week weightloss program called Attitude that I have taken and it was great! 
    www.abbybelladance.com
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards