July 2013 Weddings
Options

Autumn Wedding in July

Hi. So, I'm not getting married for two years.
My fiancee and I are engaged without rings. Money is a bit tight, we are both still in school.
I will graduate a year before he will, we are planning on marrying when he graduates, July 2013.

Here is my question:

I have always loved Fall, it's my favorite season. I have always planned on factoring Autumn leaves in to my wedding. (Flower girls dropping leaves instead of petals, etc.)

Here is the hitch: July is the month that we can get married. If we wait till August, we hit conflicts with work schedules (He is a teacher, as are many of our friends), we would have to postpone our honeymoon, etc.

So, is it completely insane to have an Autumn wedding in July? Colors of Fall leaves, and a deep blue or purple?

Would that be completely unpleasant and out of place? I'm just looking for some opinions from people who have been there, done that.

What do you think?

Re: Autumn Wedding in July

• Options
    I agree on having it in the evening. I think it would add to your darker color palette beautifully. Also I belive it depends on where you plan on getting married. A farm with dark berries or wheat? A backyard with evergreens? Perfect. A garden with pastel flowers, not so much. Indoors, I would say anything goes. Maybe find a place that also does the darker colors, like rich woods and red curtains.

But in the end, do what makes you happy. It's your day after all, you don't want to have any regrets! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your theme is whatever YOU like! I briefly considered having a Winter Wonderland themed wedding in the summer but instead my  wedding will be black, white, hot  pink with skulls bc thats what I like....I know I will get alot of flak for an odd choice but it's what will make ME happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards