Getting in Shape

Separating your fruit?

So... my mom ALWAYS tells me I should "separate my fruit" (as in eat it alone and on an empty stomach, if possible. Who knows where she got her info). I thought of this as I am chomping on a tangerine during lunch.

I just kind of eat it whenever I want it. With  a meal, before, after... whatever.

Have any of you ever heard of this and, if so, what's the nutritional value to it (if there is one)?

It just never really made sense to me and I've found contradicting arguments.

Just curious... :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Separating your fruit?

• The food combinations are more to help you digest things easier, if you have trouble with gas, bloating, indigestion, that sort of thing.  Not everyone has perfect digestion.  There are ways to eat that helps your body control those things without taking drugs to alleviate the symptoms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_separating-fruit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:13b3b718-8c04-416c-bb1f-fd6ccda80c4aPost:4cf3bc27-1cec-4ee4-91b9-d9c9361f6a7e">Re: Separating your fruit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Separating your fruit? : I say this every time someone suggests you need you drink hot sauce, lemon juice, and maple syrup for a week to detox your body.  <strong>Dude, I think you just hurt your liver's feelings.</strong>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    This made me HYSTERICALLY laugh.... hahahahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Now that I finished reading through the thread, A LOT of it made my hysterically laugh!

So bottom line: milk and cherries won't kill you and either will a tangerine with my sandwich. I can go on eating as I have been without fear of pissing off my liver or my stomach exploding, imploding,  or anything else it might do that can be construed as negative.

Thanks! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • note to self..... no serving fruit at the reception!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_separating-fruit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:13b3b718-8c04-416c-bb1f-fd6ccda80c4aPost:85ec8d14-df55-454c-b9bc-534ed2ea3cac">Re: Separating your fruit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]note to self..... no serving fruit at the reception!
    Posted by danibride2012[/QUOTE]

Fuuck that.  I'm serving fruit with my cheesecake.  AFTER dinner.  So everyone can be bloated.

Oh wait, they'll probably already be bloated from high sodium wedding catering, cheesecake, and alcohol.  Well, can't hurt then!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards