New Jersey - South
Options

PIttelli Photography

Has anyone used Pittelli photography?  They have mostly excellent reviews, but a couple people seemed to have problems with getting their stuff.

Also, they told me their pricing starts at $1950, but I'm not sure what that includes? Anyone have any ideas what is included to that, or what your cost comes to with your album?  I would rather not waste their time meeting with them if they are not in my budget.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image

Re: PIttelli Photography

• Options
    SunRun11SunRun11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked the work I saw on their website/blog.  When I initially emailed Pitelli about pricing, they resonded right away with a ballpark figure.  They said most of their clients average a booking of around $3,500 or something like that.  However, when I replied asking for a face-to-face meeting...nothing.  No response whatsoever.  Oh well, just booked Sarah Schulte and so excited to work with her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are excellent photographers, but yes, we are still waiting for our final product.  We had a delay in submitting our photo selections (new baby and all), but that was a year and a half ago.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have been married almost 2 years and we have not received our final album yet. I can not even get them to respond to an email. We were so happy with their work, but their horrible customer service is leaving a bad taste in my mouth over the whole experience. Don't waste your time or energy on this company and go elsewhere!
  • Options
    Ashleeo5o2Ashleeo5o2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please do not use Pittelli Photography.  I'd hate to see anyone else go through what myself and many of my friends are going through.  I've been trying to get in touch with them for over 3 months now after countless emails and phonecalls.  I know quite a few people taking them to court, waiting 3-4 years for their wedding albums with no progress.  It's really unfortunate because they do beautiful work, but the way they conduct business is terrible.  It is overwhelmingly frustrating and upsetting.  Save yourself the stress and aggravation. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree...please do NOT use Pittelli Photography.  Our wedding was over two years ago and we still haven't received a final album.  We haven't heard from them in close to 6 months, despite numerous emails and phone calls.  We are now considering legal action.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chiming in a bit late here, but I agree as well! Do NOT use them! We paid over $5200 and have yet to receive our final album, parent albums and several other agreed upon deliverables based on the contract we signed! And my mother keeps reminding me that we have been married almost 3.5 years and are awaiting the birth of your second child that we still have no albums!

My husband and I are debating next steps at this point. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to add-in to all of the above responses...we got married in June 2009, did not order any albums, we simply got all of our proofs on DVD's and a coffee-table proof book. The photos were great...but as it is stated by EVERYONE here... a photographer's job is certainly not done after the wedding day. Our contract stated we were supposed to receive our DVD's and proof book within 6-8 weeks. We tried to contact the Pittelli's through email and phone calls...weeks after our wedding with NO response. When we finally heard from them... there were numerous excuses as to why everything was taking so long... and they never ONCE apologized or simply said they were swamped or behind in their work. Instead, they tried to turn everything around on US, saying that "as long as your happy with the images, it should not matter how long it takes to get them to you." When we told them we would be more comfortable giving them the final payment once we received the proof book, they threatened us... and demanded that we meet them over two hours away from our home. We were not about to inconvenience ourselves in that way; so despite my husband's wishes, I simply sent them the final check and wanted to be done with it.  They have now responded to our review on Wedding Wire with a flat-out LIE saying that we "STIFFED" them. I would strongly suggest finding other photographers that can produce quality photos and treat you the way you deserve to be treated after spending thousands of dollars on their service. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Do NOT use these photographers. Terrible customer service. Only responded when threatened with legal action. Did not produce everything that was promised in our CONTRACT. Save yourselves a headache. Use a reputable photographer. Look at the Better Business Bureau Rating for Pitelli Photography if you need any further convincing! Best of luck to you!

www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/videographers/pittelli-photography-in-williamstown-nj-90054220"

• Options
    LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Whew! It took a little coaxing, but everything has arrived, and the final product is wonderful

Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank God we are not the only ones going through this awful situation with the Pittellis!!!!!!! They take amazing photographs but my experience has been terrible with them since. We were married on July 26, 2008 and WE STILL DON'T HAVE our parent albums or our own wedding album. To make matters worse, they have not responded to ANY EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS in the last year. It 's at least a relief to hear that we are not the only ones being ignored by them. 

I have an important question: to those of you who are seeking legal action, how did you go about doing so? Do you need an NJ based attorney?? I live in Massachusetts and am so fired up about this that I am willing to do whatever it takes so they don't keep getting away with this!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards