Wedding Etiquette Forum

seating question

FI and I each have a good number of cousins who are all close. We're thinkig about doing cousins tables (everone is about the same age and I think they'd enjoy that more than sitting with their parents) We're talking 20-30 year olds, not anyone who will need help or miss mom or anything. As long as we keep them with their various SO's is that okay or does that go against a "splitting families" rule? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: seating question

• They are adults and have become their own social units. I bet they'd appreciate this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sounds great to me! I think they'll have a much better time this way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sat at a cousin's table once a couple of years ago and it was great. I'm not gunna lie, I would have preferred to have sat with my mom, but I had fun. We were all about the same age and had our SOs, if that helps.
  • That sounds fine since they're adults. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That is what my family does.   That is because my mom and aunts/uncles want to sit together and not with their own kids. LOL They make up a table themselves so it works out prefectly.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That's what happens with us. The ages range from me, the youngest at 23, to my oldest cousin's (40) husband at like 45? 46? 47? My mom gets mad because we're always the "fun" table and she was always "fun Aunt Joyce." As long as SOs get sat together, other family members don't NEED to sit next to anyone else (my autistic brother will probably always NEED to sit next to either myself or my mother) and it's done logically, you should be fine!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are doing the exact same thing.  Figured the parents would have more fun without their kids around even if they are in their 20s, and of course the kids would be more relaxed without mom or dad the entire time.
  • This sounds like a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards