California-Inland Empire

Private Property Venue Rental?

Hi! I am recently engaged and looking for an outdoor wedding/reception venue and am having a hard time finding the perfect one:( Have any of you heard of renting a private property (ie: someone's beautiful rental home) to have your wedding and reception? There are some listed in gracefulgatherings.com and it looks to good to be true! You can have an entire gorgeous home and grounds for $400-700 a day. Any thoughts or experience with this out there?? Thanks!

Re: Private Property Venue Rental?

• edited December 2011
    yes it says it's $400-700 a day but most places make you put like a 10,000 deposit and hold it up for two weeks after your wedding :( read everything before you sign the contract.
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    wow that sounds a little sketch! i would be sure to read all the fine print before signing anything.  kimberlys crest (in redlands) is gorgeous & its in a residential neighborhood.  it is a little pricey but really worth it! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey,
    I am renting a private home in Indio for a week  for around 4,000. It is a huge property and they are cool about weddings. Here is the link with some good houses.
    http://desertluxuryvacations.com/DLV/Desert_Luxury_Vacations__Vacation_Rentals_in_the_Greater_Palm_Springs_Area.html
    We renting the CTR Ranch.

We looked at many houses throughout Southern California. Most houses had crazy fees for weddings and also the noise issue was a problem. The house we rented is so far from other houses that we can be as loud as we want.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    A little advice to all brides... when booking a private estate, make sure you check the status of the property with the county the property resides in.  This is publc information, and never rent anything that is up for sale!  Its easy to check an address and find out the property status.  Also, if they do not offer you a contract, don't book it!  Good Luck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://sitelife.theknot.com/ver1.0/Forums/www.forleasebyowner.com/z_BostonMassachusetts.asp">Re: Private Property Venue Rental?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Private Property Venue Rental? : [QUOTE]Hi! I am recently engaged and looking for an outdoor wedding/reception venue and am having a hard time finding the perfect one:( Have any of you heard of renting a private property (ie: someone's beautiful rental home) to have your wedding and reception? There are some listed in gracefulgatherings.com and it looks to good to be true! You can have an entire gorgeous home and grounds for $400-700 a day. Any thoughts? I have a fabulous Spanish Colonial in the wine country, considering renting for weekends with small venues. Either wedding at one of the wineries and family accommodations at my home or reception dinner at my home, etc.
    Posted by IngaReynolds[/QUOTE]
    ya that was a good suggestion we can also rent a home and make decisons.
  • I once rented a home on www.forleasebyowner.com/z_MiamiFlorida.asp for my wedding and it was an ultimate fun wedding. I had an very good experince doing something new. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards