California-Los Angeles

Rehearsal dinner dilemma!!!

Hello Ladies !!

We are in a dilemma with the rehearsal dinner.

we have about a month and a half to go for the big day and we are running out of money FAST !!!!

We want to have a rehearsal dinner but obviously where we will be getting married is right smack in the middle of Downtown Los Angeles.

We all know that there are TONS of restraunts in downtown, but are there any out there that are fairly cheap. We are trying to go with a more of a mom and pop homey place that can hold about 30 ppl.

We are not from L.A. really (we are in Lancaster) so all we really know of is are more torist places like L.A. live and stuff.

HELP PLEASE !!!

Re: Rehearsal dinner dilemma!!!

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the downtown area, but for ours we catered it from a Wood Ranch type place and did it at my parents' house.  It was awesome!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There's La Barca in L.A, not sure of the exact location, but I do know that it's near U.S.C and the Convention Center. Maybe you can look it up.  There's also El Cholo, but again not sure exactly where it's located. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies.

Curlygirlygirl: I'd love to do it at one of our houses, but we live in lancaster and wedding is in Downtown L.A. and everyone lives up here and rehearsal is the night before the wedding and we aren't going back home till after the wedding. so that's out.

garavito_16: thank you I'm totally going to check those out.
  • edited December 2011
    We have the same venue.  I am not sure what your budget is.  Cafe pinot is near the cathedral.  Mccormick & smicks is also near.  If you want something cheap china town is near. 
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    clairebmd: that's awsome !!!
    Thank you for the suggestions. Who's marrying you ?? make sure to post pictures of your big day. I love seeing pictures of weddings there.

Genie
  • edited December 2011

Downtown in chinatown there is a great chinese food place with a private room called the plum tree. It can hold 30 people. I would try there.

Plum Tree
    913 N Broadway
    Los Angeles, CA
    (213) 613-1819
    www.plumtreeinn.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards