Outdoor Weddings

Back up plans

I am planning a wedding for October of 2011 and we are looking at having the ceremony by the local state park lake and the reception indoors.  Any ideas on what I can do for a back up plan in case it rains?  I am at a loss.... 

Re: Back up plans

• Rent a big tent??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My daughter's back up plan amounted to having the ceremony in the reception place with everyone sitting at their tables.  Thank goodness it stopped raining4 hours before after raining all morning  :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • i don't have a back up plan and i'm getting married next month....the chapel is open but it has a roof....if it rains i'm sh*t out of luck and i'm going to be a wet bride. pray it doesn't rain! but yeah i'd see about renting a big tent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup, I would have a back-up plan no matter what.  Most opt for their reception venue as the back-up.  But I would make sure to do something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_back-up-plans-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:121ea11d-7417-40e8-a62e-c4c9f748d6ecPost:fd7adc78-5d35-42c9-9905-fa2078734a40">Re: Back up plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't have a back up plan and i'm getting married next month....the chapel is open but it has a roof....if it rains i'm sh*t out of luck and i'm going to be a wet bride. pray it doesn't rain! but yeah i'd see about renting a big tent.
    Posted by wwnbw[/QUOTE]

<div>this is me alll the way. I'm just praying!! I looked in the almanac and October should be pretty dry though.</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our back up plan was our reception site, which was indoors. It was the cheapest and easiest alternative.
  • I think you need some sort of tent!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_back-up-plans-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:121ea11d-7417-40e8-a62e-c4c9f748d6ecPost:f19696d6-fd09-4b71-8a7e-216d40d6969f">Re: Back up plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]My daughter's back up plan amounted to having the ceremony in the reception place with everyone sitting at their tables.  Thank goodness it stopped raining4 hours before after raining all morning  :)
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]

this is what we're doing (besides praying for sun!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards