New York-New York City
Options

Please help me NYC Brides :)

Hey Girls,

Congrats on your upcoming weddings!!

Anyway, I'm a NYC girl getting married on October 9th.

I got my dress at Davids super cheap, but they're trying to charge me almost the same cost of the dress for alterations!

Ridiculous!

I really need some help, do you know any places for alterations in Manhattan that can have my dress to me by October 7th??

I am hoping to find someone who works well, will not over charge and works fast.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks girls and happy planning to all of ya!! ;)

xo,
Dani

Re: Please help me NYC Brides :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in the fashion district and across the street from a place called Clara Clara.  It's one of those weird places where they sell wholesale clothes.  Anyway - inside is a place called The Happy Tailor. My fiance had his tux and a suit tailored there and they came out beautiful.  He also had them take in a leather jacket and they did an amazing job.  They negotiate and do fast work.  I got my dress in Connecticut and decided not to lug it into the city for alterations but did think about bringing my gown in to have it altered there.  I have not seen the work they do on wedding gowns but they have taken in a few cocktail dresses for me and have done a great job.  I don't have a phone number but they are on the south side of 37th street between 8th and 9th.

If you want to go the more traditional route, you can try Pinpoint on 84th between 2nd and 3rd (i think!) She's done a few bridesmaid dresses for me and does a decent job.  She's a little overpriced though in my opinion.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'll check with Clara Clara.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say I'm getting married 10/9 as well at The Alger House....I'll be thinking of you!  Makes me feel a bit less nervous to know there's other brides out there the same day!!  Best of luck...!!!!
  • Options
    marisa17marisa17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_please-nyc-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:02592189-f48a-4175-ae82-538216a90bf4Post:ab23faf9-b593-4f58-ab71-c9090b84cb74">Please help me NYC Brides :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Girls, Congrats on your upcoming weddings!! Anyway, I'm a NYC girl getting married on October 9th. I got my dress at Davids super cheap, but they're trying to charge me almost the same cost of the dress for alterations! Ridiculous! I really need some help, do you know any places for alterations in Manhattan that can have my dress to me by October 7th?? I am hoping to find someone who works well, will not over charge and works fast. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks girls and happy planning to all of ya!! ;) xo, Dani
    Posted by Dani910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>May I ask you how much you paid for your dress? When I asked them about my alterations they made it seem like it was going to be very minimal in cost. What did you need done?</div><div>
    </div><div>Btw, hi Jen! Can't wait for this weekend!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

I love my soon-to-be husband!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards