Destination Weddings Discussions

Confession Thursday

Re: Confession Thursday

• It feels like a Friday! 

I am getting anxious about my girls dresses...I only have 2 bridesmaids and we haven't decided on their dresses!!  Well I thought we did but then my mother thinks we can find something cheaper.  Honestly, I don't want my girls in cheap dresses that look cheap!  If they are cheap but look nice I'd be okay with that I guess...but we are now under 5 months til the wedding, fall and winter is coming so when/where are we going to find dresses?!

P.S. my bridesmaids are my sisters and my mother is paying for my youngest sisters dress...fine I understand money is tight but c'mon!  The dresses we found at DB were very nice looked great on them and were about $150...I don't think that's too much is it?  I may have to buy the dresses for them...Nothing I've seen so far in the stores match my theme and the ones that I can work with as far as color just look like party dresses that you wear to the club that you get into for free before midnight :-(

I may also have to buy my mother's dress b/c I can imagine what she thinks she's going to wear just to save a few bucks.  Quality is important I don't want her in a cheap looking dress either!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Which ones from DB are you looking at?

When I was looking for FG dresses, they had one I really liked, but at $150 that was just too much. There was this website I came across that had a bunch of their dresses. Maybe do a google search with the item number. If not, I will try to look for the site tonight. One of my BMs saw her dress on there for about half the price after we ordered. Not sure of the authenticity, but as long as the return policy is good and you can return if you don't like, what's the harm in trying a knock-off?

My confession: I'm sick. And have really bad cramps. And haven't been sleeping the past few nights. And FI pissed me off so I'm not a happy camper. On a more positive note, the photographer from my B-shoot wanted to blog about my shoot and include some photos (nothing too crazy). I am really excited about it actually. I always had an issue with self-esteem, and takng pictures, but I LOVED the way these turned out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicole-Good luck finding dresses! And it does feel like Friday!

Other Nicole-I hope you feel better! :)

I confess I'm super, super, super excited to be  a Mrs!! As much as I want this wedding O-V-E-R, it's starting to hit me that we are getting MARRIED! I spent 12 years as a girlfriend, almost a year as a fiance, and I'm starting to get ridiculously excited to be a wife.
  • Aww Brittany!  That's a GREAT confession!!

Nicole- Thanks for the suggestion.  If we can find something more affordable I am all for it, just some of the things we've seen in the stores are not really "bridal entourage" looking.  Not sure if you have stores like Rainbow around you, but sometimes you can find things there that look nice and other times things look really cheap.  This time around, they look cheap :-(

• NIcole- I think 150 is a good price, hopefully your sisters and mom do as well. What color are you thinking of???

Brittany- I am so excited and cant wait to see your wedding pics!!! you are almost down to a month!!

I confess tomorrow is my last and final day as a single lady.  :)))) But my wedding day is still 12-18-12 :)))
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I confess that I am really excited about my registry! I swear I wasn't even sure I should have one at first, and it doesn't matter if I don't get any gifts at all (FI is gift enough) but as I started selecting the Le Creuset bakeware, the SQUEEE! kicked in.
  • I confess that I am useless at work.  I can't concentrate on anything.  It's not really a surprise though.  I have been a good bride and started working on our ceremony though.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I confess that I am happy my fitting went well and that I love the dress!  I was kind of stressing that I wanted to lose more weight but, I honestly like it just as I am!  It make me feel a little relieved that now I just have to continue as I have been and not have to really try to lose weight!

I also confess that I looked at my list of stuff that needs to be done in the next two months and kind of freaked out a bit!  I want to try to get some things accomplished over the next 2-3 weeks!

Nicole - I don't think that $150 is too much for a BM dress, but if you can find the same style online for cheaper I say go for that!

Nicole - How exciting about blogging your b-shots!!  That must be such a great feeling for you!

Brittany - I hear ya about being ready to be a wife - me too :-)
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicole I agree 150 is not much for a bridesmaid dress. I mean you can go out and buy a nice going out dress for 60-80 bucks. 

Brittany, how cute :) I am at the I want this to be over point lol

Brit, how exciting :) Are you more excited for that day or your wedding day?

Nicole- what a great confidence booster!!! 

Cathy, I cant imagine how jumbled your brain is so close! 

Trudy- I have seen by your accountability posts that you work hard as crap I bet you look great!! Good luck with your list!!

My confession is that I feel kind of dull in this wedding planning process. I have not done anything for awhile I am slacking. Mostly because I am not sure what I should do next.
    Anniversary
  • Meg I was in the same boat as you since I don't have many DIY projects going...Now that I am so close I need to get a move on things!  It's hard when all I do is study and I really don't know how to balance my time for things outside of studying, which I think is unhealthy, but I'm at the end of it sooo it's too late for change lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards